Tiny bubbles coming off the plants after adding CO2?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

prober

AC Members
Dec 20, 2010
eastern Washington (the state)
Real Name
Jeff
You will want to make sure that your filters do not make a wave at the surface. I cut a piece of sock to put over the outflow ramp of my bio-wheel to make the water go down into the tank instead of a rolling wave going straight to the front glass. This made a huge difference in the amount og gas in the tank since the surface disturbance let the co2 out faster. Just a 1" slice of the top of a sock stretched over the ramp was all it took. Now when I feed the food just sits there until the fish come and get it because the top of the tank is very still.

DGC

All in One
May 8, 2010
London
Real Name
Darrell
I use 4 bottles on my 80gallon, lasts 6 to 7 days, i change them even if they are still pumping co2, i use to leave them and got bba. My water level touches the the rim of my hob so i have very little surface movement. when i do a 50% water change and add my new co2 bottles i get pearling every time - new minerals and salts. I would not remove bio wheels - but i would not feed co2 into the intake of the hob either, you loose most of it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store