To Like or Not To Like.....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

trickbaby1019

fanfukntastic
Mar 15, 2006
Syracuse, N.Y.
I have been inspired and I am changing this to the TO LIKE OR NOT TO LIKE.... What is the wierdest thing youve ever fed your fish and actually had them like it thread.

Last edited:

Debra Mark

Wench Boots!
Sep 29, 2004
Canada
Real Name
I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.....
I'm not entirely sure exactly what you mean by people being co-dependent on others here...in the years that most of us have been here, we have certainly made some very good friends, and a lot of us certainly do feel like family.

There is a wealth of information and real good people on this site, and the best place to find it is in the forums, where you can post in a specific area, and be sure that a lot of people will read and answer - the chances of finding someone in chat who has expertise in a certain area is slim compared to the individual forums.

GCC is a place for NON fish related topics, and most people view the chat room as a chat room in a fish forum, not a fish chat room. Although we may joke about fish talking in there, I have yet to see ANYONE refuse help to someone with a fish related question...in fact, just the opposite....I have seen times when everyone in there is busting their brains to try and help someone out.

mermaiden78

AC Members
Oct 23, 2005
Mobile Alabama
Real Name
Dana
You go EMS!!! You beat me to it!

aknif

...maybe the Dingo ate your baby!!
Dec 27, 2004
Denver, CO
Ems said:
Sing it, SISTER! I about pee'd myself, that was so funny! :D

This isn't Kindergarten. There isn't a nice Mrs. Smith who's going to make everyone talk to you and play nice with you.

It's also kinda sad that you'd consider yourself co-dependent for wanting to talk to good friends everyday. You poor thing!

I wish you the best.

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Interesting post, trick. I'm a bit mystified by it. I must have missed the " Please Like Me " posts. We here share interests and have people with whom to ask questions and discuss what is for most of us a deep passion. I love to talk about aquaria. My wife doesn't want to hear anything about the subject, so I come to AC to talk to knowledgeable fellow aquarists.

I've never experienced being " shut down " when I ask questions here. Never seen it happen to anyone else, either, aside from a few trolls who were banned for showing off their apparently inexhaustible stupidity.

Often when someone vents in this manner it's not the first gripe, or the second, which is really the issue. So 'fess up. What's really bothering you, young lady?

Mark

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
New Hampshire Seacoast Area
Visit site
I'm just plain confused!

trickbaby1019

fanfukntastic
Mar 15, 2006
Syracuse, N.Y.
Well I appriciate all of your honest input and just as a response I was commenting about the events that occured involving someone else not myself, I was refering to forums not the chat room and I quite clearly stated that it was just my opinion. So if anyone feels as if I was puting blame on them I was not. Ems I get your point and I can see how you would want to use that as an example but commenting on peoples looks is far from being co-dependent or refusing to help someone because I am too busy talking about somthing else. Surely I never ment to get anyone so heated I just wanted to point out that mabie people develope cliques with eachother and that can make people feel unimportant or unwanted. As for myself I have only noticably had one person make me feel rejected but not everyone must like everyone else and that is just ducky with me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store