Trading for new fish at LFS to put in 10GL Monday. You Choose the fish!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mantis_22

Blue Dreams Webmaster
Mar 24, 2003
Somerset, KY
www.blueskyff.s5.com
Ok, I just called the LFS downtown. Since I know the manager good he said I could trade my Two African Cichlids for any fish in the store I could want except the saltwater species. I have two cories in this tank but I will be moving them out soon. You guys can make any suggestions on what fish I should get, he has almost every kind of freshwater fish you could think of. Even Eastern U.S. Sunfish in stock :D

optix

Rent-a-mod
Dec 30, 2002
Dayton area of ohio
Visit site
You should get a red tailed cat for a bottom feeder, im sure those big rocks wont be anything for him :D :D

P.S please realize the sarcasm and not actually go get one :p just in case you aren't aware. they can reach up to about 7 feet long in the wild and about 5-6 feet in captivity. To be serious because im biased and im a cichlid guy, I'd go with some rams

Last edited:

Cypherman

All about Aulonocara!
Apr 3, 2002
Buffalo, NY
A 55 is JUST ENOUGH space for a 5 foot fish...Remember the rule, 1 inch per gallon? Therefore 1 foot = 12 gallons of space :rolleyes:

Id go with a school of about 10-15 Cardinal tetras (or whatever tetras you prefer EXCEPT PACUS) with some live plants and rocks...That would look beautiful, low maintenance, and cheap.

Last edited:

Rometiklan

AC Members
Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
I would just dump your existing gravel and get some normal sized gravel. The cost of gravel for a 10 gallon tank is nominal, and will allow you to keep your corydoras, and prevent decaying food from degrading of your water quality. Keep as much as your existing water and your established filter so you don't have to fully cycle your tank again.

As for fish suggestions, I like theme tanks. I particularly like Amazon biotopes, so I would get fish and plants indigenious to that region. A small school of 7 tetras and the corydoras would be very cool. I like Cardinals, but you can also try Rummy Nose, or Neons.

I've been kicking around the idea of setting up a Ram tank with a spare 20 gallon. Rams are very beauiful, and display interesting behaviours. I suggest a pair for a 10 gallon set-up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store