Tubbing it for the summer!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Are these little guys also known as White Clouds? I have three, I bought them to try and keep with one of my male bettas but it didn't work out. Into my baby girl's guppy tank they went! I would love to have more.

Kristina

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
They are long finned white clouds basically, called meteor minnows. They are not as popular as it takes some time for the males finnage to really come in. I prefer them and think they are just breathtaking.

The tubs are just stock tubs, used for livestock waterers, etc. You can get them at places like tractor supply or landscaping companies. I got two on Craigslist for something like $60. I am setting up the second one today as well.

The wood is on there because my husband objected to big black tubs sitting on our deck all summer, lol. He made the wood frames to make them more decorative. They can be lifted off to break them down for the winter and then we will set them back up next spring.

We plan on painting the wood still to match our house and I will update with pictures as I go :)

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Awesome!!! I can't wait till you haul em out at the end of the season!!

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
We do have screening to put on if necessary. Part of hte reason i will be running them for a week or two without livestock is to see what sort of attention they garner. With them being right beside our back door, I am hoping that the screening will only be needed overnight.

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
Rachel does your husband have any single brothers? LOL

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
WooHoo! Can't wait for these guys to breed, they are so pretty. The males have nicer colors, yes? In the photo, is the one in front to the right a female? Seems to have nice colors just not as much finnage.

The husband did a nice job on the enclosure too! :)

Sunshinessmile

ooooo shiny...
Apr 27, 2009
Denver
Real Name
Logan
those are some pretty fish!

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
I have my whiteclouds outside in my ponds and they are breeding like mice. I think that they can overwinter ooutside as it usually doesn't get colder than 50 degrees. You are going to have happy fishies!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store