TV star swallowed live goldfish at party

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lolfish197

AC Members
May 19, 2009
Yeah, I'm crossing my fingers that he'll wake up one morning covered in white spots.

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
So how is it different from feeding live fish or brine shrimp to hungry fish? Live fish get eaten all over the world, every day, it's part of nature. Sure, he offended some people's sensibilities, but I don't see it as criminal behavior.

Hebily

My Tank \/
Mar 15, 2009
Racine, Wi
Camera Used
Cannon or iPhone
Same here. He was stupid to expose himself to the parasites, viruses, and bacteria that likely accompanied that fish, but how is him eating a goldfish more cruel than anything else eating a goldfish? How is feeding our fish with feeders more cruel than the way they kill and grind up fish for flake food? Do they humanely euthanize them with clove oil? Personally, I doubt it. Cutting a fish, and frying it, and letting it flop and twitch on your plate is cruel. 'Drinking' it without even pulling it out of the water is nature.

SunshinePuppies

AC Members
Dec 23, 2008
It is cruel because people have brains and can think "hey,if I do this, this will happen." people have a choice.animals do not. animals look at a fish, "hey, food"they have a hungry feeling so they eat it. people generally do not want to be mean to a fish. People do not eat a fish that is not already dead. that is sick, wrong, and cruel.

geez, people say I'M cruel because my dogs sleep in a crate at night!

OscarLuver

AC Members
May 21, 2009
Iowa
I have to agree that I don't see the cruelty, it's no worse than eating live bugs (which many people do) do I think it was smart? No... do I think it was wrong... only because who knows where that fish came from.

I love sushi, and if I loved lobster I would have no qualms about picking a live one from the tank and having it cooked for me, this coming from someone who thinks lobsters are adorable. Would I eat my cats? Maybe... how does cat taste?

The first 'crunch' would have been enough to destroy the fish quickly, versus how many beef, pork and poultry. I eat all of those, and still love them as creatures. But if you can sit down and eat a steak, pork chop or chicken that comes off a factory farm and not feel guilty but scream and cry over this... lol better do your research. I'd choose being that goldfish over a cow ANYDAY. Especially over a pig. I've killed my own thanksgiving turkey too.

Would I eat my pet fish... if the need came to it. But I hate cooked fish. :p

So stupid, yes. Cruel, not if you eat other animals. And even if you don't, lots of small rodents, rabbits and other grass inhabitants die during vegetation harvesting every year. So no matter what you eat unless you grow it yourself... you're killing something cute and delicious xD

mainuh

friendly member
Oct 4, 2009
in the woods
ooooooohhggg yak

animalplanet [monsters inside me] its a real show on cable check it out . this guy would'nt know it for years , then one day he,s brushing his teeth and watches a parisitic worm crawl across his eyeball just under the soft tissue , the doctors can kill the living ones but 10 years worth of dead ones will eventually clog his lymphatic system and theres nothing they can do :nilly:

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
We're talking about Steve-O here...

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Animal cruelty for fish is...iffy...

Obviously people who keep fish may view it in a different light than the general public. I'm not quite sure what the laws across the pond are though...

I'd be interested in knowing what was to happen to the goldies after the party...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store