TV star swallowed live goldfish at party

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
The only person with the right to complain is the actual owner of the fish. His/her property rights were violated if this happened without consent. Otherwise it's no different than eating any animal from a moral standpoint.

Riiz

Apocalypse Pony
Apr 16, 2008
So Cal
Real Name
Eric
So whats the dilemma? He swallowed a live fish, that would have been eaten by a larger fish or condemned to a short life in a bowl.

Ichthius

AC Members
Dec 2, 2008
If you're going to eat something you should humanly kill it. He swallowed it burned it with stomach acid and threw it back up.

Just don't **** a woman off or she'll deep fry your fish. Luckly I have so many fish my wife would need a turkey frier and she'd be at it all day.

ayra321

}((((*>
Jul 28, 2009
florida
poor little fishys, :( ,what was one of the things that surprised me most in the article was that there is a debate on whether or not fish feel pain?!!??
fish definitely feel pain and i cant believe there was a debate on this!
as for the goldfish the poor lil fish were pets and were not used to being put in harms way,they were a domesticated species made for decorative us and were cared for,not eaten.so im on the side that thinks it is cruel.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
I don't know how familiar anyone here is with the process of producing meat for human consumption but I'll state from firsthand experience that it's far from painless, and even worse after the first few individuals in a batch are slaughtered the rest know what's coming by the smell. Showing concern for this Goldfish is just a way for some to atone for what is done to countless animals on their behalf. Unless of course you're a vegan, but that's another issue altogether.

kelly82

AC Members
Jun 1, 2007
Lincolnshire, UK
i have to say id rather be swallowed alive and live for a minute or 2 than be one of the poor fish that are tortured by having their heads wrapped in a wet towel and having their bodies deep fried then being served up still alive while people pull parts of my cooked body apart to eat while i gasp on the table! :mad2: there are some sick people in the world!

i dont believe these people should get away with eating the goldfish, but as others have said, this happens in the wild a lot. i know we are not wild animals, but birds etc swallow fish whole all the time. i just hope the idiots who do this to the poor creatures get the infections/diseases they deserve for putting the fish through this.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store