under gravel jet

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ibr3ak

I Eat Fish
Dec 15, 2007
Brooklyn, An Why See
I would either try to move the pump to the middle, and I'd definitely close the loop as you'll be reducing the flow to the jets on the other side of the pump when having it open, as well as eliminate the 90 elbow from pump to the plumbing and just set the pump upside down:

untitled1.jpg

mr.cichlid

AC Members
Aug 28, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
i will work on it rite now...will keep ya posted...figured this is the right time to install egg crate on the bottom...also think about changing the substrate to silica sand that home depot sells...what do u say????
thanks for all the guidance my friends...

mr.cichlid

AC Members
Aug 28, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
seems like we both posted almost the same time :) ...i will try the first method without buying the second pump and see if it works...if it doesn't i will buy another pump...

mr.cichlid

AC Members
Aug 28, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
alrite!!! here r the latest pics...installed egg crates, changed the substrate, and installed UGJ (7 outlets, layout pic attached)...
the flow is good...but having hard time figuring out how to get all the waste to float up...currently waste is settling down in spots where there is low flow...so running koralia 3 powerhead too...my pleco is giving me a hard time...waste allover...
am thinking about increasing the depth of substrate so all the outlets are totally inside...
guys who have UGF: please let me know how you are able to get all the waste to float???
i am also looking for a used canister filter...will add second one if i find a nice deal...

comments please :cool:

IMG_3001.JPG IMG_3003.JPG IMG_3004.JPG IMG_3005.JPG IMG_3006.JPG IMG_3008.JPG untitled.JPG

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice looking tank.

mr.cichlid

AC Members
Aug 28, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
guys...are you using any kind of filter media around the pump inlet for filtration??? i think if we use filter media in the pump and direct outlets to the pump that would help...

also, how do we deal with poop settling near rocks or in caves???

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store