unnervings' 100g build!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Unnerving

Unnerving
Sep 24, 2009
Elyria, Oh
www.myspace.com
Update Unnerving's 100g FOWLR

lighting= 4x150w metal halide
filtering=algae turf scrubber in 20g sump
flow=2100gph
inhabitants=dogface puffer, 2 three striped damsels

Close up of in sump turf scrubber

Unnerving

Unnerving
Sep 24, 2009
Elyria, Oh
www.myspace.com
I took these pics with my camera phone. I keep the good camera at my tattoo shop. Hopefully i can remember to take it home for a night to get some better pics.

The metal halides are definately overkill, but they came with the tank. I'm gonna buy another light for this tank and keep the halides for something else down the road. A friend just offered me another 100g tank for $50. Dunno yet!

Plans hmmmm. IDK. I already got my fishload for this tank knowing the puffer is growing. What else can i do?

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
I was just thinking that with that much light you were maybe thinking of putting corals in the tank as well. I am not sure the compatibility of some corals with the puffer but I think it is ok, especially if you do softies like zoas, mushrooms, leathers, xenia. Puffers just can't have crabs, snails, or small fish in the tank unless they are meant to be food. ;)

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/sw/dogfacepuffer.php
Dogface puffer fish is a saltwater species that are found in an area stretching from the area south of Japan to east Africa and south Wales. Adult specimens are often very aggressive and not suitable to be kept in a reef aquarium with small species since such species will be eaten. They are to be considered reef safe and usually don’t cause any damage to corals.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store