Unusual shaped tank from an uncommon place journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

the fox

And its not only snakes
Aug 13, 2007
South Africa, Cape Town
Thats a real mooi tank, i hope those angels don't start eating the neons.

DISCIPLE

AC Members
Mar 14, 2007
WOW

thats a very.......very.........very nice tank. im curious as to why you chose those particular fish. its your tank but with all that id have put someting in there that would be bigger and prettier than that. dont get me wrong not downing you or anything im just curious.:drool:

AnnetteG

getting back to basics
Sep 24, 2007
Some people like small community fish. I love them and think in a lot of ways they're prettier than big fish that can tend to just sit there and look at you waiting for food. I've seen some really big tanks full of really big fish and they're not as fun and active, IMHO.

Big fish are great too, but nothing is more fun and relaxing to watch than a tank full of active community fish flashing sparkle and colors all over the place. I love to watch my GBRs, diamond tetras, male guppies and platies all racing around in my planted tank. Color and sparkle! :grinyes:

Besides, bigger fish would probably shred and uproot all those beautiful plants. If you could get your hands on a big pretty gourami, that would make a nice centerpiece for the tank. That's what my Opaline does in my community.

just my 2 cents worth. Gorgeous tank!

gmh

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Santa Barbara area
Simply magnificient tank, Saif. And I like the choice of many smaller fish rather than fewer larger ones, as the tank has different directions and levels that the fish can explore.
Would be interesting to see how many of them breed in that environment. Keep us posted!

cheekysbabe

AC Members
Apr 21, 2008
Mid North Coast (Australia)
OMG! I LOVE it!
Im 17 from Australia and only just started getting into freshwater tropical fish. i have 2 tanks, a 20L with 3 guppy's and another 4 foot tank(dont now how many L's it is). i have don't started working on my 4 foot tank. if there is any help you's could give me, i would be every happy for the help.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store