Updated ten gallon pics.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

corriewf

EVIL
Jan 26, 2005
richmond,va
Cat said:
That certainly is inspiring!
Sorry Im not familier with brandnames as Im from the UK. Is the auquclear a filter? if so what media do you have in there? other than that are they just powerheads with weekly water changes?
How much live rock do you have in there?
And finally now you have it running how are you finding it to maintain?
The aquaclear is just a run of the mill filter nothing fancy.It is there for flow and contains no media what so ever.Everything is pretty much automated as evaporated water is replenished by an auto top off which operates using a float which detects when the water level drops and pumps ro/di water into the tank.The ro/di is actually kalk water so that maintains the calcium and alk.The lights are on a timer so they come on and go off by themselves.All I have to do is feed and do a one gallon water change once a week.Thats pretty easy as I keep one gallon jugs and its a quick empty fill process that takes less then 5 minutes.

FL Knifemaker

Arming the Free World
Oct 20, 2004
Central FL
corriewf said:
Thanks for the compliments.It took 2 1/2 years of ups and downs to get this far.I cant wait until everything grows out nice. Knifemaker cant wait to see your tank shots ;)
Off topic, but I have been looking for a knife by fury that curves inward instead of being a straight blade and the blade is only about 3 inches.Know of where I can find one by chance?
Furry???? GACK!!!! Friends don't let friends own such knives.

Sounds like you are looking for what's called a Hawkbill. There are many companies that make them, reasonably priced and of FAR higher quality than Fury. I'll PM you with some ideas.

corriewf

EVIL
Jan 26, 2005
richmond,va
FL Knifemaker said:
Furry???? GACK!!!! Friends don't let friends own such knives.

Sounds like you are looking for what's called a Hawkbill. There are many companies that make them, reasonably priced and of FAR higher quality than Fury. I'll PM you with some ideas.
Aww dude I miss that blade tho. I have carried a pocket knife for the last 10+ years and that was by far the best one. I was an idiot with it and brought it with me to DC out of habit and had it taken away from me when I was attending a meeting.
:mad2

Cat

AC Members
Aug 3, 2004
Norfolk
Visit site
I dread to ask but how much roughly did it cost you to set it all up?

corriewf

EVIL
Jan 26, 2005
richmond,va
Cat said:
I dread to ask but how much roughly did it cost you to set it all up?
Oh I just noticed you are in Norfolk. I am in Richmond. :dance

Int total over the last almost 3 years and corals ive gone through and fish ect probably over 2,000.00 , but this current set up I would say around 600.00 for everything I have now.

Cat

AC Members
Aug 3, 2004
Norfolk
Visit site
Richmond in Surrey right?
Out of interest where you say you lost nearly everthing a couple of times, what went wrong?

corriewf

EVIL
Jan 26, 2005
richmond,va
Cat said:
Richmond in Surrey right?
Out of interest where you say you lost nearly everthing a couple of times, what went wrong?
Well when I first started there wasnt much information out there about nanos (one of the reasons why I started my site) so I made all of the mistakes.I boguht too much too fast, used tap water, had hair algae so thick I couldnt see any rock and substrate was two inches thick with hair algae.I also wasnt doing water changes ect ect.This tank has gone through several different phases. So your in England right?

Cat

AC Members
Aug 3, 2004
Norfolk
Visit site
corriewf said:
So your in England right?
Yes indeed.
I find it hard to get much info here and everything is so expensive, is you make a mistake you really know about it. I bought a couple of soft corals, a snail, a bi-colour blennie and 2 clowns and it all cost £130!
This is me just over 1 month in . . .

Im hoping to stock it further in a couple of weeks then I will take some proper pics.

Marine-Tank2.jpg

Last edited:

corriewf

EVIL
Jan 26, 2005
richmond,va
Cat said:
Yes indeed.
I find it hard to get much info here and everything is so expensive, is you make a mistake you really know about it. I bought a couple of soft corals, a snail, a bi-colour blennie and 2 clowns and it all cost £130!
This is me just over 1 month in . . .

Im hoping to stock it further in a couple of weeks then I will take some proper pics.

Oh I like that tank! That would make a nice sps tank!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store