upgrading 5g to 10g.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 14 Pro Max
Glofish are not just zebra danios, they are also tetras, barbs and NOW ANGELFISH! I would never buy any of those fish and the pet store I work at will never carry those fish.

I have Albino Glo-light Tetras in my 20g with my neons, and I love them a lot.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
It's not easy to find fish for a 10g that'll feel at home, same goes for 5 gallon tanks.
There are plenty of nano fish available these days, just maybe not in all pet/fish stores.

In North Jersey you may well have luck in at Absolutely Fish in Clifton, Adam's Pet Supply in Chester or Fishtown USA in Ramsey.

but Glowlight tetras should work fine, if you don't want too many of them.

Personally I'd up the number of pygmy corys to 6 or 8. The betta will limit your choices of smaller fish, or at least I wouldn't take any chances with something more commonly thought of a nano fish, for example the micro rasboras, just because of the chance of them becoming snacks, but mostly grown tetras shouldn't become snacks.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Golf coast Pygmy sunfish. From what I've read, they are a timid fish and schooling fish make them feel "more at home" and come out of hiding. Plus they are super colorful

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 14 Pro Max
I can get more pygmy cories from work, just got to have them ordered in again. There are some Espei Rasboras at work that were sent to us as HArleqiuns, they might be a bit nicer to look at and contrast the blue of my Betta.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Why stop there? Just keep going till you are over 100g ;)

evil wizard

AC Members
Aug 17, 2014
Georgia
Real Name
Brian
yeah i like your thinking but as you said,why stop there?why not go to 1000!!!you may have to re-inforce your floor but it's worth it.:)

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
There's all kinds of options for something as small as a 10g. 10s are cheap and hoods, stands, hardware are easy to source. Like said, a male betta and some pygmy cories or nano fish. Some scarlet badis. A bunch of celestial pearl danios, a group of female bettas, etc... The list goes on. Would most of us suggest a 10g as a starter tank? Probably not. 20L and up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store