Urgent Help Needed: Angelfish Attacking

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tolak

AC Members
Aug 18, 2007
Chicago, Il
They have 50's, 70's, 100's, 150's, and 300's. A lot of folks that breed pond fish or larger cichlids will set up the 300's outdoors for the summer. They nest inside each other, just like paper cups, so when not in use they take up much less space. I fit seven of the 150's in the back of a Ford F-150, got them used from a breeder who was retiring. A stack of seven sits about 5' tall, and takes up the floor space of one tub.

jtburf

I want to hunt these.
Jul 18, 2007
Houston TX
so in theory i could get enough 100's to breed all varients of Frontosa, then get 70 gallon grow outs. And keep them in my garage and bach yard.

Tolak

AC Members
Aug 18, 2007
Chicago, Il
Yes you could, seeing as you live in Texas. I would worry a bit about the tubs getting a little too warm in the garage in Texas, though with enough ventilation it should be fine. Up here in Chicago outdoor tubs for tropical fish are a summertime thing, though some breeders have a heated garage, which extends the tub usage.

jtburf

I want to hunt these.
Jul 18, 2007
Houston TX
Okay so i have a plan. Since i am going to setup a 240g Mbiwe Frontosa colony, i will also get a 50g and a 100g water container as a grow out tank.
and filter it with a large canister but i cant remeber the name right now.

fishguychris

AC Members
Nov 7, 2010
suun sunnnnn

Angels

AC Members
Dec 22, 2010
Real Name
Nia Schexnider
omg discus babies! That's awesome Sorry about your angel. My angel fish paired up with another angel... killed the third angel and then one of the paired ones died because of a fungus. :/ Now the last angel I have terrorizes the other fish.... anyway... that's my two cents.. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store