URGENT: Shark's skin coming off/infected?? Help please!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

VivaLaVics

*blub bubble*
Oct 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
PS: I have many cichlids and when they beat eachother up their wounds get white and fuzzy... think about when you bite your lip and it gets white and puffy because of the mostire in your mouth. Flesh wounds on fish look similar to this because they are constantly wet. Does it seem the fuzzyness is due to that? Iw ould be more concerned about red or pink coloring.

VivaLaVics

*blub bubble*
Oct 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
That COULD work... Substrate is your gravel or sand.... your base.... so it's ideal to get your shark in one of those....

Do you have a rubbermaid storage tub? Like something you keep your XMas decor in that is big enough to house him? You could set that up for him.

Danomind

AC Members
Jul 18, 2008
USA
There are white and fuzzy, WITH RED PATCHES underneath, you can see the blood. its sharks, they have no scales, maybe that's why? I've got the pics

Danomind

AC Members
Jul 18, 2008
USA
Yes I have a tub! A large plastic tub...Can do.

Will try and scoop it out, but the fastest is after lunch, with really troublesome family affairs, a few hrs later is the fastest i can do. I'm so scared =(

VivaLaVics

*blub bubble*
Oct 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
Oh god sweet heart!!! Those wounds are TERRIBLE. Honestly, I think we have a very slim chance here. You need to get him into a Hospital tank... if you keep him in the tank by himself you need to do an 80% waterchange RIGHT NOW.

REPEAT: If you JUST cant go buy a 30 gallon for him you need to do a WATERCHANGE RIGHT NOW. Get hi tank mates out of there and give him a waterchange. Good news is it doesnt look infected but this will be a LONG LONG recovery if he does recover.... a Hospital tank is something you will need... we're talking 2-3 months worth of recovery.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store