using homemade soil for substrate

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Still looks good man. I saw your other thread about you betta he he looks good too. Im digging the moss tree. Still needs some time to fill in properly but itll look sweet once it does. Maybe its time for you to buy a portion of a stream and aquascape that!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

huapala

AC Members
Jul 25, 2013
Ke Aupuni Hawaii, Hawaiian Kingdom
Real Name
Huapala
Thanks ktrom :) I would not mind caring for a piece of stream. It would be very rewarding

Sent from my VS920 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

huapala

AC Members
Jul 25, 2013
Real Name
Huapala
Looks good! similar to an aquascape I'm doing in my office, I'm even doing an Xmas moss tree and stream bed lol, but with a different aproach.
Thanks stingray! YOu should post a pic of your scape on this thread. I think it would be cool to see them side by side. Of course mine still has a lot of time before it grows in and I am using a cheap DIY light system.

One thing though. You gotta move that C02 bubbler! Why the heck is it in the front center of the tank?!
I made the filter for the tank. There are two water returns to the tank; one return 3.5 inches from the left going right, one 3.5 inches from the left going right. There are two reasons for the diffuser being there: 1) the center of the tank is the deepest portion so the bubbles being emitted from the diffuser have time to diffuse before reaching the water surface 2) the diffuser is not that good so it needs a strong flow of water to disperse the c02 bubbles. Most people remove all of their equipment prior to displaying the aquascape, but certainly not before it has had a chance to fill in.

stingray4540

Hello, Hello, Helloooo!
Oct 18, 2005
San Jose, CA
www.geocities.com
Thanks stingray! YOu should post a pic of your scape on this thread. I think it would be cool to see them side by side. Of course mine still has a lot of time before it grows in and I am using a cheap DIY light system.
I wish I could, but no can do. Besides I just planted my mosses with the dry start method, so it will be a few months before it has water and fish, and this thread will probably be long forgotten by then, lol.

I made the filter for the tank. There are two water returns to the tank; one return 3.5 inches from the left going right, one 3.5 inches from the left going right. There are two reasons for the diffuser being there: 1) the center of the tank is the deepest portion so the bubbles being emitted from the diffuser have time to diffuse before reaching the water surface 2) the diffuser is not that good so it needs a strong flow of water to disperse the c02 bubbles. Most people remove all of their equipment prior to displaying the aquascape, but certainly not before it has had a chance to fill in.
Ok, well if your homemade filter prevents you from puting the returns in the back, then I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. Can't wait to see how it looks in a few months.

huapala

AC Members
Jul 25, 2013
Real Name
Huapala
I really like Limnophila aromatica. This my first time growing it but it is a really awesome plant to work with.
uploadfromtaptalk1391229575610.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1391229604056.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1391229622268.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1391229650449.jpg
Sent from my VS920 4G using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1391229575610.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1391229604056.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1391229622268.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1391229650449.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store