Violet Goby (dragonfish according to Petco)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Squawkbert

Senior padder
Oct 3, 2006
ST.L area
www.aquaticplantcentral.com
plants cannot survive the brackish conditions that the goby requires. if you can get mangroves, try those.
May not be true - look at web sites that sell lots of plants - you'll see lots of overlap between their FW & brackish offerings.

for examples, click here

Damon_D

Be Quick To listen. Slow To Speak.
Feb 18, 2007
O-H-I-O
My violet goby

I have a "dragonfish" . The fish seems to be doing well. How can I ensure he's eat's And should I be concerned about lathargicness. If that's a word. :hang:

ErrorS

AC Members
Dec 29, 2006
Indiana
Mine is really lazy.. If I'd handfeed it every day I doubt it would ever move. Yours should come alive when feeding or sometimes at night.

I think mine might be more active if I kept him in brackish, I think I'm going to move it to a brackish tank soon.

thebramble

AC Members
Jan 29, 2007
Utah
i've had a dragon goby for about a month now, SG =1.005. plants that seem to be doing well are bacopa, anacharis, java fern, and large vals (his favorite - he likes to stick to the side of the aquarium and pretend to be a giant val leaf). in fact the vals are sending out "runners" after a period of time when i thought they were dying off. i have a banana plant in there too but the jury is still out on that one. my dragon really likes having plants to swim around in dig at the bases of them, IMHO it is worth having live ones if you can keep them that way.

as far as eating - i'm still trying to find tankmates for him that won't snarf all his food. the way i know mine is eating is because i see him eat (like a hoover vacuum on the bloodworms and brineshrimp - like cookie monster with sinking wafers), and also because his food disappears and well... there are no other fish in the tank LOL

Last edited:

goddess

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
i have a dragon goby and he's great.

mine adores cyclops. you buy them in the frozen section at your petstore. i also feed mine NLS (new life spectrum) pellets.

i tried some puffers in the tank but they picked on him so they went back to the LFS the next day. i reallllly love my "snake-like-fish" so if something bothers them... that someone leaves LOL

anyway, mine is doing great. he's housed with a mono and a green scat.

goddess

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
I have a "dragonfish" . The fish seems to be doing well. How can I ensure he's eat's And should I be concerned about lathargicness. If that's a word. :hang:
it's very obvious when they are eating. they puff up their mouths and take in the food... it's cool to watch.

when you put the food in, if it's not doing this... then there's definitely a problem!

Aeon

AC Members
Aug 23, 2006
Wow, you must really be proud of yourself... you haven't fed your fish in a month & it's still alive. I think you should starve along with it, in a closet, to prove your point.
i hope you have more intrests and capabilities when it come to caring for your child. that you'll need to feed at least once a day
first off, seriously uncalled for. i think a 2 week old having open heart surgery qualifies as just a little more important than a fish. for the record i didn't say i was "proud" the **** fish hasn't been fed, the point was, you don't have to baby the things. its a fish for christs sake, not the messiah, if you're soooo upset & care sooo much about some fish that's doing fine.. you need a hobby away from the fishtank & quit being suck heartless d*cks

Last edited:

Mudfrog

AC Members
Jan 17, 2005
Roanoke, VA
first off, seriously uncalled for. i think a 2 week old having open heart surgery qualifies as just a little more important than a fish. for the record i didn't say i was "proud" the **** fish hasn't been fed, the point was, you don't have to baby the things. its a fish for christs sake, not the messiah, if you're soooo upset & care sooo much about some fish that's doing fine.. you need a hobby away from the fishtank & quit being suck heartless d*cks
Not really, it's the way that you went about saying it, sounds like you were almost bragging that you hadn't fed him in a month.

When my youngest daughter was born we had major complications with her as well so yes the water changes suffered, but I DID go home at night and I did feed my fish, are you saying you were not home at all during that month?

That being said I hope your kid is ok.

BeelzeBob

-CHAUVINIST PIG-
Mar 18, 2006
Boulder, Co.
hey all im saying is you are the heartless **** that doesn't care for the life of something you consider insignificant.

and your fish isn't doing fine. thats the point of everybodys posts.

if you ain't gonna take good advice, don't ask qustions you yourself could have easily found answers to, and argue your arrogance.

people here care about their pets. and people like you **** me off.

so dont get all freggin butthurt when people point out that in their opinion, you're arrogant.

mtnhomedude

AC Members
Apr 2, 2007
How's the goby?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store