Violet Goby (dragonfish according to Petco)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
I do not suggest keeping your dragon w/a GSP. It'll get mauled.

sixpack_ey

AC Members
Apr 28, 2006
plant are ok

plants cannot survive the brackish conditions that the goby requires. if you can get mangroves, try those.
I have lots of java fern and it does great in my brackish water aquarium. I also have had great success with water sprite in a lower salinity brackish tank. Mangroves are pretty hard to care for. They do fine for about 6 months and then die off. I had some and I tried everything- spraying with FW, wiping leaves with FW, magnesium supplements, different lighting. Nothing worked. I've heard the same thing from other people.

Shaki of Borg

Una maquina with a new tank
Aug 2, 2007
St. Louis
^ your fish is gorgeous! I really want a dragonfish, but I also want a blue crayfish. I think they might be incompatible. The pet stores around me all say that they are beginner level fish, but reading this has made me think otherwise. About how long does it take to set up a tank for a dragonfish? Who can they get along with?

Gangstafish

gangstafish
Dec 10, 2006
long IslandNY
My Dragons eat frozen bloodworms,brine and mysis shrimp. I feed them at night. They are gobies and will sift through a sand bottom for food.

Picture 374.jpg Picture 376.jpg

cichlidsrextrem

MOST METAL FISHKEEPER
Jul 26, 2007
VA
hey thats some type of birche right im guessin lol

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
first off, seriously uncalled for. i think a 2 week old having open heart surgery qualifies as just a little more important than a fish. for the record i didn't say i was "proud" the **** fish hasn't been fed, the point was, you don't have to baby the things. its a fish for christs sake, not the messiah, if you're soooo upset & care sooo much about some fish that's doing fine.. you need a hobby away from the fishtank & quit being suck heartless d*cks
Lol, stupid... Well, I'm going to be the one who doesn't use the stars, but I was thinking of a 5 letter word :)

Considering she says that she doesn't care about a fish that's suffering, and won't bother enough to feed it (it's obviously dead now because she hasn't commented), then I'd say she can burn somewhere I'd rather not mention.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store