Vivarium??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Veneer

AC Members
Dec 20, 2004
threejjj said:
Does anyone know if the following setup would work... 1 dumpy tree frog,1 green treefrog, 2 Firebelly Newts, 1 ADF and a Betta? Is there a better fish than a betta for this type setup?
Your dumpy tree frog (L. caerulea) may attempt to consume smaller tankmates (with potentially mutually fatal consequences in the case of the newts) as it matures. Look here, here, and here for some images of adults consuming bat. They might appreciate a little more vertical space than you project.

Kissofthegorami

Broke College Student
Feb 24, 2005
Boston,MA
The thing about mixing amphibians with anything is that they will eat anything they can fit into their mouths. Your ADF will be consumed. You can try african clawed frogs. The albino version is available everywhere. They grow up to 4".

tbone

AC Members
Feb 15, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
Does your tank have a crossbar on the top? most 55 gallon tanks that are quarium have them. If it doesnt...and if you are worried ,you can have it fitted with one or D.I.Y. with a glass bar and sillicone. If anything it would give you peace of mind. You really dont want even 10 gallons of water on your floor.....do you?

TipStylez

XCELMotorsports.com
Jun 3, 2005
Seattle WA
I miss my tree frog vivarium tank...

You should try to catch some moths outside that happens to fly around, and let them free inside your tank and your watch your frogs catch it, great to watch. :)

threejjj

4EVER
Mar 12, 2005
TipStylez, What kind of frogs did you have in your vivarium? I am trying to figure out what I can stock mine with.

TipStylez

XCELMotorsports.com
Jun 3, 2005
Seattle WA
Some type of tree frog, small and green thats all i knew of when a friend gave it to me.

pl*co

Feeds low on the food chain
Jul 18, 2004
Michigan
threejjj said:
Well I just found out that the tank is actualy 50 gallons and it is something called a Critter Cage(does anyone know what company makes these) . I actually got this tank from a friend who no longer wanted it. It has a russian tortoise in it right now. I am going to sell the tortoise and turn the tank into a vivarium. Now my question, the bottom of the tank says "do not fill with water". Does that mean that the tank cant be completly filled? I only want to fill about 1/4 of the tank up with water. Do you think It would hold it?
The All-Glass Aquarium Co. makes the "Critter Cage".

http://www.all-glass.com/products/cages/index.html click on the critter cage link on the right under the "cage" or on the left nav bar.

http://www.all-glass.com/products/cages/images/critter_cage_gecko.jpg

Last edited:

threejjj

4EVER
Mar 12, 2005
Thanks Pl*co. Looks like mine is a 40 gallon not a 50 :(
Once I sell the tortoise I am going to begin working on the vivarium.

threejjj

4EVER
Mar 12, 2005
Wait... just calculated the dimmensions and found out it is 45 gallons :D Makes me a little happier.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store