Vivarium??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greendeltatke

AC Members
Mar 28, 2005
Chicago
Have you done any newt research yet? They aren't the easiest creatures to keep, and they really don't do well with frogs and most fish. For one thing they are very slow eaters. They won't be able to get to the food before everything else cleans it up. Like winterwind suggested go to www.caudata.org and find the page called species mixing disasters.

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
I feed my newts with a shishkabob scewer...lol....I feed them blackworms. Wind a few on the end of the scewer and just hold it in front of their faces. They snap them up pretty fast. I will also feed them fd tubifex worms the same way by soaking a piece in the tank water and pressing it onto the end of the scewer.

Seems to work fine with these critters. They're pretty cute. :D

threejjj

4EVER
Mar 12, 2005
I forgot to post before... the firebelly newts are not going in the tank. I found out that there skin is toxcic and If i keep them it will limit what else I can keep. I will probabaly just have treefrogs and if I can find a non toxic newt I will get him. I checked out that link, very helpfull. Got an Idea of how I want to set my tank up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store