What a heck!your designe

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Harry Tolen

Cichlid Fan
Aug 17, 2000
Union, WA, USA
Jeez, Baraka, lighten up. I've been reading this thread, and just see vilhelm's comments as a little good-natured ribbing. When teased back, he seems to respond in kind.

As for your rather churlish observation that he needs to learn how to type, I suggest that you consider that (if he is indeed from Sweden, which we have no reason to doubt) he is posting in a foreign language. I doubt that either of us could do as well on a Swedish fish board.

latazyo

Grisled
Sep 17, 2002
^^^that doesn't matter^^^

I'll finish the edit bomer started

:mad:

Last edited:

Amber

AC Members
Jan 2, 2003
Texas
Visit site
Vil, have you thought that some people may find browns, whites, etc. to be boring? I don't think the fish can tell the difference. As long as the fish are well taken care of, who cares what gravel and plants are used? Personally, I like a little color in my tank. My daughter picked out some hot pink and white gravel to put in her sponge bob square pants tank. Should the fashion police some and arrest us? Anyway, each person has their own opinion. That's what makes us individuals, right? If you're going to bash someone because of their taste, maybe we should bash you about your grammar? Just a thought.....

Baraka

Can I buy you a fish Sandwich?
Apr 17, 2001
GAMEHENGE
sagan.physast.uga.edu
Harry you know I usualy will stand back and watch occasionaly throwing light hearted remarks into the mix
but some guy with 9 posts prio to this thread
wich is titled
"what the heck your design stinks"
isn't going to come in and start laughing at
people and acting like a jerk
and expect to get respect

there is a way to handle this type conversation
and fix his curiosity without trying to make
others feel stupid for having crazy colors in their tanks

I for one love the way colored gravel brings out and accents
the colors of my fish-- I have blue gravel with my 12" Midas and it makes his BRIGHT ORANGE that much brighter

If he wants to know why people do this all he has to do is come on here and ask
What kinds of decorations do you have in your tank?
What colors? and Why did you pick those colors???

people will share that info with him
but when he just starts attacking people
people are bound to attack back....

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2002
New York
I read this whole thread, the only posts I found offensive were Baraka's and latazyo's.

I guess you two must have skipped the classes where they taught about the use of capitals and punctuation. If you are going to berate somebody for improper use of English, don't you think you should be able to write it first?

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
All I can say is..LOL!...I have to agree with Vilhelm....IMO, natural tanks are the best looking...but I also agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder....Vilhelm is just voicing his opinion and he made no personal attacks against anyone....some of these posts were very funny(playdoh..rofl)...but others here took it way too personally...lighten up folks.

inxs

AC Members
Mar 25, 2002
Litchfield, CT
www.picturetrail.com
Vil is and does speak swedish.

As far as gravel goes , it's an opinion and everyone has one.

The final beauty is in how the tank ends up looking, which means it can look good with natural or colored gravel just as it can look poor.

What does amuzes me is the aggression in the cichlidforum seems to mimic the aggression of the fish where the plant forum is much more laid back , like the plants.:D

Not trying to start anything here , just an observation.

TIMO

Village Idiot
May 15, 2002
Yeah lighten up on Vilhelm please. And I know he has far more posts than whats on his stats (as if that mattered a bit). Are you the one with the pink flamingoes in your yard Baraka? j/k

vilhelm

AC Members
Dec 9, 2001
sweden
Visit site
:confused: , hmm,I am just wondered why decorate tanks whith(you now),I add some smilies and "no affence"(miss spelling i now now),its can be hard some times whith write humor on the net(sorry), I have post before you change forum,but i have to register again, Oh yes,i am from sweden,and we have summertime here too(once a year),and no, all folks here are not blonde(all kind of color),Vilhelm more swedish,Wilhelm more german i think. gott nytt år där borta! Inxs can translate.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store