What am I doing wrong??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
Don't worry, none of us are born knowing everything. Often we learn things like this the hard way. :) Anyway, good luck with your angel, hopefully it will grow big and strong. They are voracious eaters, when they are grown they will practically leap out of the water and grab the food from your hands. LOL

amysangels2

AC Members
Nov 27, 2011
honestly, I have tried to give up on angels several times and focus on other types of fish that do well in my tanks, but I can't get them out of my system. They are among my most favorite type, and I'm going to do everything I can to successfully raise the beautiful little devils:hearts:

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
good luck!!! i feel the same way as you i have gotten 2 angels and one i fell in love with from the start, but both died in quarentine. if angels keep dieing for you, id suggest buying one online. thats what ill be doing. going to get me a beautiful philipine blue zebra soon.

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Don't beat yourself up...we were all newbies once. I know I still learn something new everyday!!!

amysangels2

AC Members
Nov 27, 2011
Thanks, I am already looking up a site to order from if this baby doesn't make it. I came home from work and made sure that he ate plenty tonight. I will make sure he gets breakfast in the morning too. I am blown away by the fact that I've tried so hard to keep these guys alive and well, and all the while I wasn't feeding enough. That's hard to face, but hopefully my little one will make it now.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
theres a person who breeds them on youtube she has PB zebra, marble, koi, PB platinum pearl, and probably more.

amysangels2

AC Members
Nov 27, 2011
Well, I made the trip to my fav fish store and had a chance to talk with an experienced fish keeper in person. He suggested frozen foods, so I bought the frozen shrimp. He too suggested a varied diet of pellets, flakes, etc. So hopefully my little angel will have a long healthy life.

Question..if I want to add another one, isn't now the best time while he's young and fairly new to my tank? Will that mean they'll get along as they grow older or is it just simply up to chance?

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
It increases the odds a little but does not by far mean it will happen. They can get along fine for years and all of a sudden have an issue with each other!! That is the nature of cichlids. My suggestion would be to get a couple to 3 more. You may get a pair or not but would spread the aggression. You just can never know. You always have to have a back-up plan....an empty temporary tank, a friend's tank...somewhere to put an aggressive fish if it turns out that way. Seems like a lot to think about...but angels are worth it in my opinion. They are so beautiful and have such great personalities!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store