what do u think is causeing global warming?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
Why isnt there a little smiley thats putting a gun to its head and pulling the trigger then resulting in its brains being blown out.. i HATE these threads

NorthcoastGirl

Proud Fish Geek
Oct 28, 2009
The Rust Belt
Jeez. So... being a conservationist and environmentally minded makes one a hippie? That's silly. =)

Humans beings may, or may not go extinct due to our effect upon Earth. ( and I really feel that's what the heart of all the debate is: the fate of humanity, not the condition of the planet) Our contribution to global warming is still being debated. But it's probably still in our best longterm interest if we direct more effort into keeping our environment as intact and clean as we can. It's still the only home we have, after all- and a dang beautiful home at that.

People that get caught up in the whole global warming debate are missing the point. Spilling toxins and pollutants into our air and water is gross. Bulldozing forested acres down to build yet another overpriced McMansion housing development is just a shame. We don't really need the end of the world catastophe scenarios to justify environmental and conservation efforts. Our gorgeous planet is wonderful and filled with beauty. The critters that inhabit it are amazing. That is simply a good enough reason.

Oh, and I never really considered myself a hippy. I'm more like an old-school bohemian beatnik-type. ;)

Sounguru

Guru at being an expert
even before the movie was though of i knew about 2012 ending... and yes us humans CAN and SHOULD change the future so the world DOESNT end.. like shut down big buildings that are releasing alot of gas into the ozone layer. make signifent gas for cars or just use horse and buggys so theres less pelliunt in the air.. stuff like that can do wonders JUST HELP mother nature so she doesnt have revenge on us by ending our time
I just wonder if the amount of methane produced would over ride any planet sayings.

Look at it this way if humans keep advancing it won't be long before everyone is a 2 car family. Now take away those cars and give everybody a one horse buggy. Now figure that the world is at 6.6 billion and rising and let's say that half are under buggy driving age or live in a house hold with another person. That would still leave 6.6 billion horses wandering this planet farting and pooing. I think the release of methane would actually be so much that when some wrong doer would light up an illegal smoke, because they too have been banned the atmosphere would simply explode leaving a barren scorched totally lifeless planet.

Now I for one do not want a future like this and am doing my best to prevent it. Since we don't eat horse in this country I'm eating every cow I can get my hands on thus reducing the # of methane producing animals. I have also decided to mow down any Amish I happen to come across thus taking out those who may actually lobby our government to take up your suggestion of making us use horse and buggy again.

So in my own way I'm doing a lot to save the planet by getting rid of the whackos who want us to hug trees and kiss whales.

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
I just wonder if the amount of methane produced would over ride any planet sayings.

Look at it this way if humans keep advancing it won't be long before everyone is a 2 car family. Now take away those cars and give everybody a one horse buggy. Now figure that the world is at 6.6 billion and rising and let's say that half are under buggy driving age or live in a house hold with another person. That would still leave 6.6 billion horses wandering this planet farting and pooing. I think the release of methane would actually be so much that when some wrong doer would light up an illegal smoke, because they too have been banned the atmosphere would simply explode leaving a barren scorched totally lifeless planet.

Now I for one do not want a future like this and am doing my best to prevent it. Since we don't eat horse in this country I'm eating every cow I can get my hands on thus reducing the # of methane producing animals. I have also decided to mow down any Amish I happen to come across thus taking out those who may actually lobby our government to take up your suggestion of making us use horse and buggy again.

So in my own way I'm doing a lot to save the planet by getting rid of the whackos who want us to hug trees and kiss whales.
Now that is the definition of a TRUE humanitarian :lol:

j_chicago

Usually Drunk
May 12, 2007
Chicago, Il
Real Name
Jason
whats causing global warming?

democ....oh nevermind

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
It's really a problem, at least in the US, because both parties have opportunities to deal with the issue, but neither does. They use it as a tool to point the finger at the others.

On one hand you have the Mayan 2012 doomsayers crying out, and on the other side of the political spectrum the Nostradamus gurus are claiming that we still have another 2000 years. They ultimately agree that the end is "relatively" nigh, but they argue over the details. They will continue to argue over the details until the deadline passes of course. This is why I'm not going to vote for either major party in the next election, my vote will likely go with Planet Nibiru next time around.

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
OMG WERE GONNA DIE!!! THE SUN IS GONNA MELT US!!!

Please... Its 37 fricking degrees down south here near the everglades!

gobal warming my butt!

You do realize that a global warming does in turn give us an ice age as the Earth tries to balance itself out. It doesn't mean the entire Earth gets warmer.

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0130-11.htm

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If the Great Conveyor Belt, which includes the Gulf Stream, were to stop flowing today, the result would be sudden and dramatic. Winter would set in for the eastern half of North America and all of Europe and Siberia, and never go away. Within three years, those regions would become uninhabitable and nearly two billion humans would starve, freeze to death, or have to relocate. Civilization as we know it probably couldn't withstand the impact of such a crushing blow.

Now look at the weather news. Bitter cold in the eastern americas and europe having deadly cold spells.
[/FONT]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store