what fish has been at your LFS the longest?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dragon_Lord_Tia

OH NO not Lenny
Feb 14, 2003
Orange Australia
Visit site
at the shop it would have to be archie (an archer fish)who was born at the shop in a 300 gallon tank he is about 10 years old and he only eats those weird looking grass hoppers the the 2 antenas and the head looks like a bannana and i have a branch to place them on and he shoots at them awsome shot as well he was for sale but not any more i like him to much he is housed with a green puffer and and a barra but his the owner of the tank

nboylie

AC Members
Dec 16, 2002
Alberta Canada
Visit site
there was 4 oscars in a huge tank most likely from the same owner, 2 abino tiger and 2 tiger oscars. all about a foot and I got my tank around that time, I went there and they had one left in there with some other ridiculous fish like a 4 inch gar and a 6 inch red tail catfish (this is a good store but what a wierd mix) he was the last one and they got the group about 5 or 6 months before so i bought him, he is still happily living in my tank upstairs for about 10 months now. They dont really have anyfish that stay there for very long time they all seem to get sold but they make sure you can care for them before they sell big stuff such as that gar I bet.

An interesting side note, the manager at this store said they sell 200-250 bettas a WEEK

LindaD

AC Members
Jan 6, 2000
Ontario, Canada
LFS in Brantford Ontario Canada has a Osphranemous Goramy that weighs about 40 pounds. It is a monster. The owner told me that he has had it - mostly in the same tank, for 20 years.
I have seen that Gourami.. He's huge. I think the owner said his name is Lenny. LOL I've also seen some gigantic common pleco's in that store.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store