what is a good price for malawi eye biters?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AquariumNoob13

I AM NOT A N00B!
Aug 27, 2007
Bonita, Ca
its a 75gal aquarium with 4 labs and 4 socolofi.

kay-bee

AC Members
Sep 14, 2005
Tampa, FL
A few "mights" and a couple of "wills" to consider:

A 75gal MIGHT work for just one d. compressiceps (though as previously mentioned a 6ft is optimal), 75gal too small for two of them, though. Here's a pic of one of my eye biters among some 5-inch blue dolphins (and the d. comp has grown since this pic):

They MIGHT get along ok with yellow labs.

The socolofi's MIGHT make it rough for them (it's ideal to add more aggressive species to an established tank than less aggressive one's, established socolofi's WILL have the upper hand).

Any fry and small (< 1.5") mbuna juvies WILL be at jeopardy when the eye biter grows larger (in the wild they eat mbuna fry and juvies for a living).

Nothing is really certain in this hobby so even if you did add 1m/1f, things MIGHT work out.

kay-bee

AC Members
Sep 14, 2005
Tampa, FL
Thanks ibr3ak.

They actually shift into complete metallic blue and look much better (in my opinion) when in a dominating mood (such as the male at the top in this pic during a showdown):

AquariumNoob13

I AM NOT A N00B!
Aug 27, 2007
Bonita, Ca
A 75gal MIGHT work for just one d. compressiceps (though as previously mentioned a 6ft is optimal), 75gal too small for two of them, though. Here's a pic of one of my eye biters among some 5-inch blue dolphins (and the d. comp has grown since this pic):
%202007/01_hapsoct07.jpg[/IMG]
so i understand all of this, but a single d comp might do fine in a 75gal u say and IMO they are super beautiful fish. just to clear things up, i am NOT to have a breeding pair right? especially since i want to keep my other fish right? and ya, i DO want to keep my other fish.

keiferd

AC Members
Nov 4, 2003
LI,NY
Visit site
aquarimnoob, Didn't you have another thread where you were talking about getting rid of your cichlids not even a week ago? lol

AquariumNoob13

I AM NOT A N00B!
Aug 27, 2007
Bonita, Ca
ya. that is still what i WANT to do, but i talked it over with my parents and they want me to keep my fish. =/ so i figured another african cichlid would be ok to keep with them.

AquariumNoob13

I AM NOT A N00B!
Aug 27, 2007
Bonita, Ca
alright. and how big is a full grown? and how fast do they grow? and will it get picked on by my socolofi?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store