what is/are your biggest rants in the hobby

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Water Changes...................................................................................................................Water Changes.................................................Water Changes......................More Water Changes......................Even more Water Changes;)

A true pita:(
especially 75% WCs on my 72G bow using a siphon, 1 home depot bucket, and 3 ikea 3 gallon buckets:( I have a system so while the tank is emtpying out...........I remove the window screen, slide open the winodw, throw the water on the roses(they are doing better with all the "crap" in the water) and while the tank empties out, i fill up 10+ large kitchen cooking pots with RO and Tap Water..........and 1 26G tub with tap water..........and then lug it over to the tank........and im done........takes around an hour:(

Water changes............

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
aquaclear hobs when the impellers spontaneously decide to stop spinning....... grrrrrr........ can you tell my ac 50 has been rather temperamental lately? lol!

Sparkxx

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Scotland *shivers*
Algae, algae, algae D;

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
Cleaning my whole tank.... It looks amazing... Then accidentally getting water on the glass from my arm after moving something in the tank afterswards! Then I clean all the glass again!!!!

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
Is this a bad time to admit to enjoying water changes???

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
Is this a bad time to admit to enjoying water changes???
You're not alone, I like doing mine too. I have a window + hose right next to the tanks, so it goes pretty quickly.

Definitely the expense of HOB filters in the long run, I don't want to pay 5 bucks a cartridge, especially when I need 3 a month.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store