What is this on my live rock

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

snupa

AC Members
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey, USA
My peppermint didn't do much against my aiptasia problem. I read that they become more effective when they are fed significantly less so they are almost forced to eat what they find -- in this case aiptasia. Anyways it didn't work for me and neither did Aiptasia X. Aiptasia X worked on larger ones but on very small colonies it just killed them for a week or so probably because they were so ingrown into the rock. Anyways my solution was to remove the problem rock and replace it with dry rock that was then seeded to become LR. To me that was the most effective method, and I haven't seen them since then.

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
I always believed the cases of peppermints eating corals was due to them in fact being camel shrimp. Until I saw a picture of a true peppermint eating coral. You could even see the green coral in his stomach. So now I believe that they can go rouge. Of course nothing is ever 100% guaranteed reef safe.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store