What is your #1 piece of Advice??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
Strongly encourage people to by schools of schooling fish instead of "one of the blue ones and one of the orange ones and two of the black ones, etc"

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
Never get involved in a land war in Asia.
That's the most famous piece of advice, but only slightly less well-known is this: Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

The only advice I have that hasn't been mentioned already, would be to come up with a list of a few good websites, forums, books, etc. to help point people in the right direction when you recommend researching their fish.

*EDIT* Doh! It appears I'm the head of the department or redundancy department which I am the head of...

aquagirl63

AC Members
Sep 24, 2012
Good I was on track with advise and I thank ll of you for taking time to answer. Petco gives me the ability to refuse purchase of live animals to anyone if I feel they are not going to provide proper homes. I have refused to sell goldfish for wedding table bowls and just bowls in general.
If I had a dollar for everytime someone walked in thru the doors with saying "we do not have time for a dog we'll get a fish tank" :/

I personally have onky 1 betta in a 6 gallon bookshelf aquarium because I am also dog trainer and have 4 large dogs. I do not have time for any other tanks and I got my Betta when it was surrendered by dorm staff after being left behind by college kid that left for summer. That brought in the purchase of the 6 gallon so he could have space. *sigh*

Sent from my LG-MS910 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

aquagirl63

AC Members
Sep 24, 2012
And I will advus someone to go elsewhere if it is for the best.

The biggest hurdle I have is getting people to understand cycling and the importance of water changes.

I tell customers if the do NOTHING else they will be semi successful if they
A. Do not overstock or stock to fast
B. Do not overfeed a general rule is a fishes stomach is the size of their eyeball.
C. Weekly water changes

jpierce3

AC Members
Aug 1, 2011
Western Ohio
#1 Piece of advise: Never listen to pet store employees. Come to AC to get good info. You might be good. 95% aren't. So just direct them here. ;)

aquagirl63

AC Members
Sep 24, 2012
Yes I love this app/forum and I share with all my customers so much so I was getting grief about having my cell out (from manager) until I explained I was sharing with customers..!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store