what to add

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Neervana

AC Members
May 17, 2008
London
hey i got an idea, how about adding nicely coloured plants to your tank? then add some shrimp!

SchizotypalVamp

The REAL AC Mafia
Mar 18, 2008
California
The clown pleco is a bottom dweller that requires groups...and grows to 16''. That said, I am not getting mad at you. When we say your tank is fully stocked or that something in your plans is wrong it's not something personal. As Mg said, we all make mistakes, and a large part of how informative this forum is is correction. Your tank sounds very pretty and if you want more fishies I would try and beg your mom into getting another. Keep in imnd that you will be going to college in a few years and they will probably not allow you the 35 hex, though.

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
The clown pleco is a bottom dweller that requires groups...and grows to 16''. That said, I am not getting mad at you. When we say your tank is fully stocked or that something in your plans is wrong it's not something personal. As Mg said, we all make mistakes, and a large part of how informative this forum is is correction. Your tank sounds very pretty and if you want more fishies I would try and beg your mom into getting another. Keep in imnd that you will be going to college in a few years and they will probably not allow you the 35 hex, though.
you're thinking clown loach, not clown pleco.

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
my only thing is how do you know the dimentions of my tank, its not one i bought, my family made it, but you know whatever, if 3 panda corys is to much in the 35 then i wont add. and since i dont like the tank i think ill shut it down and put 1 oscar, 1 JD, and one red terror.... just kidding.

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
when you say your family made it, is that the same as when you said you were 13, but then actually you're 16? it's getting hard to believe what you say, honestly. it doesn't make a lot of sense anymore.

what i do know is that if your tank was more long than tall (and therefore more appropriate for a larger number of fish/bottom dwellers) you would have told us that a long time ago instead of having us all argue thread after thread about the negative aspects of hex tanks. right?

Fishfiles1

AC Members
Mar 3, 2008
Lansing Michigan/Mesick Michigan
Real Name
Ben
woops i didnt tyop it right, sorry im really tyrd, i was being devls advacate, i ment what if.... but i am 16 the tank is deeper then long, and i cant do live plants becasue its two deep. but i love my 20 Gal.

you all have to admite that the Hex tank is very cool because you can take advantigg of the levels

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
i like hex tanks because they are different and part of the interest is in the shape of the tank and not just the fish. i don't think anyone is saying a 35 is too small to put 3 cories in. what they are saying is that a 35 that is already fully stocked is not a good place to put cories. you need to get more tanks if you want more fish. if you are bored of the fish you have you might be able to trade them for something else. i just want to add also that when you have a tank that is taller than it is wide then less oxygen is able to get into the water so if there are too many fish they will not be able to breath properly. no one on here is going to tell you what you want to hear if what you want to hear goes against what we know would be best for the fish. pet store owners are not always the best sources of information on keeping fish healthy. i know it is sad, they should all know but many are just too busy to put in the research or they go by what they are told from other sources. try to lighten up a bit and enjoy what you do have. no one here wants to hurt you or scare you away. we are all just here because we love fish and we want to share what we know with others so maybe we can help their fish have a happier/healthier life.

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
woops i didnt tyop it right, sorry im really tyrd, i was being devls advacate, i ment what if.... but i am 16 the tank is deeper then long, and i cant do live plants becasue its two deep. but i love my 20 Gal.

you all have to admite that the Hex tank is very cool because you can take advantigg of the levels
no reason why you cant do plants.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store