What to buy...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
With that amoubt of money you can buy some outdoor breeding totes. With the fish you get from breeding you can sell/trade off to help pay for the hobby.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
With that amoubt of money you can buy some outdoor breeding totes.
Wish you'd tell me where I can sell fish to make money, or what breeds of fish.

(And if you still want whiteclouds, I'm likely to have a Bajillion spare in September or so.)

Addlewood

AC Members
Apr 17, 2014
Kansas
get a big fresh water tank and a big planter with your favourite veggies and use the weekly water changes to water the veggies. I like to water my plants with the old tank water and all my plants love it.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Wish you'd tell me where I can sell fish to make money, or what breeds of fish.

(And if you still want whiteclouds, I'm likely to have a Bajillion spare in September or so.)
Sell them cheap to a LFS or to someone who has carnivorous fish. Not the best money but any money is better than none. Im going to be stopping by my LFS to see if they have vietnamese whiteclouds. Easy to breed and a CARES fish too.

Not to derail the OPs thread, what are somethings you need? If i ever have spare money i see if i need anything before i get something i want.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Talk about a derailment! Lmao!

So today, I bought a new shelf for the Aquaponics setup. I bought furnace filters too.

I am still am up In the air on the rest of the money. Regulator rebuild kit? Ah supply light kit?

Sent from my XT1058 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Why the PC kit and afternoon delight bulb?

Probably cheaper to get something in T5HO, will be more flexible currently (2 bulbs vs. 1) and future proof to boot. and still well within your $100 budget
The strip light I have already to retro fit is only 24" long is the main reason. Also I have heard nothing but good reviews about AH supply's kits.

OK guys I decided to get the holster and the rebuild kit for the regulator for now. Thanks for the...help? LOL either way it was good fun.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
The strip light I have already to retro fit is only 24" long is the main reason. Also I have heard nothing but good reviews about AH supply's kits.
The reviews are all probably a decade old too :)

the kits were awesome, mostly because of the reflectors.. but these days it's difficult and expensive to replace PC bulbs (I know.. most of my aquarium lighting is still 55/65w PC bulb based..) so think of the ongoing expense as well.

you'll likely get more PAR from an LED or T5HO fixture too.

so sell the 24" fixture you'd retrofit and but a complete unit when you're ready for more light, it'll be more future-proof and the only work involved will be taking it out of the box :)

Fish_Bone

AC Members
Jun 14, 2012
Central Illinois
Real Name
Samual
Oh OK, I didn't realize how old that info was. I probably will just get another LED from build my LED, like I did for the 75. Of coarse their prices have come down since I bought my first light from them. Thanks dougall!

Sent from my XT1058 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

atreis

AC Members
Nov 24, 2013
SW Ohio
Save for retirement? Kids college? (Not as fun, but...)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store