What to do with my new BN eggs?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
i might get another bulldog pleco and breed it with my current one now!

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
oh, well bulldogs are cool.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
If the fry are not in danger of being eaten after they hatch, I would leave them right where they are. From the pic, it looks like they are kind of protected from the other tank inhabitants. Dad will not move away from them, not even to eat, until they hatch. Would it be possible to put something else in that corner to keep them more out of sight until they would be free-swimming? If they were in a cave then it would be easy to move both dad and the cave with the spawn in it. Dad needs to fan those eggs constantly, so if you do move them, make sure they have constant water circulation directly on them. Get them a cave. It's a lot easier.

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
I agree with leaving them alone. Papa will protect them.

Jessicaftw

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Oregon
Real Name
Jessica
Thank you for the further advice, I thought about it more this morning. It would be difficult to move them from behind the mesh for the wall. My main concern is them getting sucked into the fluval which is on the other side or the wall. As far as other fish, I only have a few other plecos, and tetras in there. I know the tetras snacked heartily on the cory eggs back when they shared a tank, I'm not worried about that happening from what I've read/seen with my pleco. He is indeed very protective. I'm not sure what I could do to keep them over there. And in the ten gallon has a lot of movement as I put my aquaclear 40 gallon filter on it for the cories when they were eggs. Of course the only thing in there now are about 50 snowball shrimplets and several apple snails newly hatched.

What could I do to keep them over there? I can't even get food behind it for them to eat when they do hatch.

napsterninja

AC Members
Sep 19, 2010
I hope you have a prefilter on your fluval or your aquaclear. The bn pleco frys go everywhere! Even my box filter and hydro sponge I place a screen on the bubble tubes since they go in and sometimes get trapped. I agree with everyone else. Leave them be. After they hatch they will stay huddled there for about 3 days. Thats a good time to just siphon the fry out to another tank unless you plan on raising them in there.Good luck and great job!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store