Where do you buy your fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TheAdmira1

AC Members
Dec 18, 2011
My LFS, Yo's Aquarium, I have gotten a few on here, Liveaquaria, and I just got some from oddballfish and they look awwwesome and healthy so far :D

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
My LFS is Vang's Plakat Aquaria. He'll order me anything I need if he doesnt stock it, is very knowledgeable, and generally a great guy. He's given me some great deals before and always tries to be as personal and accomodating as possible. He also remembers almost every customer he's had, even if they dont buy anything.

I've been to other specialty aquatic stores like hoffers and Aquatics unlimited, but their prices are exhorbitant. Petsmart is my second choice. Their fish are always healthy and tanks always clean when I go in there.

constevens

AC Members
Sep 7, 2011
Colorado
Real Name
Conway
I used to work for a fantastic Mom and Pops LFS YEARS ago.... Yea thats right im old. Anyhow After the owner retired they went out of bussiness, So it used to be them. Now in our area we have 2 private owned LFS One called Great White Aquatics and the other is D&G Pets. The of course the 2 big chain names Petsmart and Petco. About 40 minute drive is the other LFS that ive dealt with called Animal Attraction. The fish I normally try to buy from our smaller private owned LFS. There has been on the very rare occasion id find something at the other two, but very rare. The smaller LFS's have had most everything we have wanted and some not so common items. All of our aquatic plants (we have way more plants then fish lol) have been online. Some from Bobs Tropical plants and then from some various sellers here and on a couple other forums I belong to as well. We do buy some supplies from the local chain. But thats about it.

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Aqua Zoo, Houston Aquarium Warehouse, msjinkzd, Bob's tropical.

Mark

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
Fish from Mzjinkzd, lfs World Class Aquarium, made surprise visit to a friend in NJ last week
and went to Pet Shanty, great place and from club auctions.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
I would say primarily from Msjinkzd, the combination of awesome stock that meets my taste and she's ~2 hours away is hard to beat... The fact that she's a great and knowledgeable person unto herself just makes it a better reason to make the trip occasionally.

and for the record, there are 10+ LFSs that I will visit on a somewhat frequent basis, including the pet shanty.. and outside of Mollies from petsmart, I rarely will buy anything from any of them.

and auction season is about upon us.!

AngeTheDude

AC Members
May 22, 2009
I shop at a local store called "Ultimate Aquarium" in San Mateo, CA. I only buy my fish from there. I'm going to start ordering the supplies on Amazon because the store just charges too much for filter media and food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store