which catfish you have and why

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fish23

be excellent to each other
Jul 18, 2006
Michigan
I have a snyo eupterus (6") two gold dojo (3") in one tank. I recently found a syno angelicus (2") at my lfs (25$) that I am serously debating buying i love synos and it is the crown jewell of the family but tank is only a 55g and the dojos get big and the eupetus will get 8 to 9" before he is done, so not enuff space for 4, 8+" catfish in the tank, breaks my heart.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I have 7 albino BN's and a brown bn.

I think the males are kind of freaky looking but they are cool armoured cats.

Mudfrog

AC Members
Jan 17, 2005
Roanoke, VA
synodontis euruptus - wanted an algae eater that didn't grow too big and was peaceful.

He's still only young and I don't see him much yet - hangs around in his cave a lot. The Cichlids are the ones that greet me when I go to feed them.
Featherfins aren't algae eaters. You need to be careful with him too because if it doesn't get enough food they will suck the slime coat off your other fish. My tank at work has one in it with 2 O's and a GT and they don't get food over the weekend, one monday morning I came in and it had sucked a raw spot on the GT. Keep it well feed, don't rely on algae as I've never seen one eat algae.

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
a BN pleco, because I love plecos and I wanted one that wouldn't outgrow a 10G (at least females won't)

an oto, because again I love plecos and I wanted a nice little algae eater for my 5G.

TipStylez

XCELMotorsports.com
Jun 3, 2005
Seattle WA
I have a pictus cat, because hes soo active unlike other cats and has nice designs and long wiskers haha.

Also a Striped raphiel, we found him in one of our stores filters hiding with like 50 other raphiels so i had to get the striped one.

texyank

AC Members
Feb 24, 2004
West Grove, PA
Visit site
3 bronze cories because hey, they're cories!
5 Ottos - I rarely see them but they do a great job and when I do see them they're a blast to watch.
6 Siamese algea eaters - they're incredible little mowing machines and their behavior is a hoot.
Catfish just have great personalities.

ILOVEBETTAS

It's Cory Lover's cat!
I have 3 different types of cories, soon to possibly be 5 types, and i love them because they're so cute.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store