Who makes the best quality tanks and stands?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

twdockery3

AC Members
Jan 18, 2005
the overflows are generally built for reef tanks. they prevent a protein film from developing on a saltwater tank and allow for a sump.

Amazontankz

AC Members
Jan 23, 2005
IMO, eventhough bowfront tanks look very appealing, they are not worth the extra money. I don't know about your area, but a 150g tank plus stand is only about$100 more then a 72g bowfront with stand. So for the money, I would much rather have the 150g and get double the size tank.

P.S. For Prices, the 72g bowfront is around $500 and the 150g is about $650, both with matching stands and lights.

squale

AC Members
Mar 25, 2005
I think a 150gallon is just too big for my house, I am putting it upstairs and I am afraid of the weight issue... besides, god forbid that tank ever sprung a leak, I would ruin the entire floor in the upstairs of my house. Plus my electric buill would probably go up considerably by having a tank that big in my home..

Amazontankz

AC Members
Jan 23, 2005
squale said:
I think a 150gallon is just too big for my house, I am putting it upstairs and I am afraid of the weight issue... besides, god forbid that tank ever sprung a leak, I would ruin the entire floor in the upstairs of my house. Plus my electric buill would probably go up considerably by having a tank that big in my home..

Ahh...well, 72g bowfront it is then :)

HeinekenMike

AC Members
Mar 14, 2005
Portland, OR
ya it really comes down to all your personal prefrence at this point. I knew from the start I was either getting a 72G bowfront of a larger Hex. I think long square tanks are boring and visualy unapealing to me. Its really all you at this point. Let us know what you go with though

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store