Who makes the best quality tanks and stands?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

HeinekenMike

AC Members
Mar 14, 2005
Portland, OR
wow that sounds really cool, I have never seen one other than glass, of course I havent been looking for one other than glass... Mines Glass, but I bet the plastic ones are very expensive!

Amazontankz

AC Members
Jan 23, 2005
Well, regular tanks are also more appealing to me aswell. Another thing is, regular tanks keep clean easier and always look brighter and cleaner. With Hex and Tall tanks (I've had a few) the water looks dingier since they are taller and the light doesn't quite reach the ground, plus HOB filters seem to have a harder time cleaning them.

I agree with Kasakato, even a bowfront is harder to light then a regular, and to me darker tanks aren't appealing.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
I have both bow and normal, and I honestly prefer the standard tanks over the bow, Albeit the bow looks nice from afar, but get up close and the distortion is horrible. Not to mention how difficult it is to build a stand and canopy.

saturday

AC Members
Jan 7, 2005
I would suggest the regular tank- it's a classic look. The bowfront is neat at first, but then just gets a bit old and gimmicky looking, where the rectangular tanks never get dated and always look professional.

HeinekenMike

AC Members
Mar 14, 2005
Portland, OR
once again all prefrence, I would recomend this guy go to a LFS where he can see both a bow and a regular set up and stocked, to get a really good idea. the "look" to me is worth any and all bad points.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store