Who wants anything cheaper from petsmart then the regular price.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CoreyMac

AC Members
Sep 15, 2006
Greer, SC
Purchased the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Master Kit, a $29.0 price tag in store, for $13.49 yesterday. I appreciate the tip.

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
Here is one for you. I printed out the page from the website about the stealth heaters. I needed to purchase two 100 watt heaters for my saltwater aquarium seeing as how winter is going to be here in no time. I took the printout to my local petsmart where I have shopped for years for fish supplies and this is what happened. The heaters were on sale for $28.99 each. According to the website the price on line is $17.99. O.K. fine I said I need two of them. They should be $17.99 each. The cashier rang up the first heater at $17.99 and charged me $0.00 for the second heater. I told her ..."yes but I want two of them..." and she said "I know" and put the other heater in the bag charging me $0.00 for the second heater. I wasn't going to argue with her or say anything else. I tried to tell her. That means that I only paid about $8.00 for each heater. The regular price in the store when they are not on sale is$32.99 each. Sounds like I got a really good deal.Go figure!

Marinemom

watermelon

AC Members
Jan 5, 2006
Today was the first day that I went to Petsmart and I brought the printouts..I bought a temperature therometer, and some aquarium salt..Total saved, 70 cents, lol..Well, it is good thou, because every penny counts..I noticed that they dont have many things for sale at the website compared to the actual store..The manager did not seem to mind at all..I guess it was because of how much I saved..

Last edited:

mach_six

AC Members
Sep 23, 2006
In all the times I went to a Petsmart I didn't even know they had this policy or ever knew they PM internet stores or even saw it. I wonder if Petco does the same thing, they're closer to me and more abundant than Petsmart.

Cade

AC Members
Sep 24, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta
Thanks for the tip. I myself have necer even realized this price mathching. Can't wait to try it!

JimZi

AC Members
Jul 29, 2006
www.jimzipp.com
mach_six said:
In all the times I went to a Petsmart I didn't even know they had this policy or ever knew they PM internet stores or even saw it. I wonder if Petco does the same thing, they're closer to me and more abundant than Petsmart.
Petco's here in CT do no match their web prices.

watermelon

AC Members
Jan 5, 2006
I wanted to buy a perfecto undergravel filter for a 55 gallon..At big als in the internet, they were selling it for $18.99..It was the same type that petsmart was selling for $41.99..I brought in the big als printout and the manager told me that they only match competiters like petco..But I brought in the petsmart printout and it was $29.99 and the store was selling it at $41.99..The petsmart in my area would not match internet competiters such as big als..But the bottom line, there is a discount pet store called petclub in my area that sells the same undergravel filter for $31.99 so petsmart is not really that inexpensive in full retail prices..

Last edited:

epicfish

AC Members
Sep 4, 2006
watermelon said:
My next savings would be an ammonia water test kit, lol..I will save just a $1.00, lol..

Saved over $60 on a Python, two heaters, a ton of Prime, gravel, and a few water test kits. =P

hope

AC Members
Aug 3, 2006
Iowa
www.targrafix.com
We were just in PetSmart yesterday, and I forgot the printout at home but I mentioned it at the checkout. I got a 3 gallon kit that was 49.99 in store and 36.99 online...they honored it anyway. They also have the master test kits (freshwater) for like 12-13 dollars cheaper online!!! We also found out that they match prices for fish too! Walmart was selling dwarf gouramies for $1.84 here and they just called there to verify and gave us that price :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store