Who wants anything cheaper from petsmart then the regular price.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

karna68

Go Bucks!
Aug 22, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
My store here in Columbus did it without a problem. Got my test kit for $13.49, woo-hoo! :dance2:

watermelon

AC Members
Jan 5, 2006
The manager at the store I go to always give me problems, saying, "Is that the product?" And he spends like 10 minutes trying to figure it out..I think it is a deterant in his part..

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
Tell him to get a life and check company policy. If he doesn't know his own merchandise than maybe he shoud not be in a management position. Next time he pulls that crap just tell him you want the number and adress(e-mail?) of thier corporate office. That should put an end to that harrassment.

Marinemom

Phrag

AC Members
Sep 26, 2006
By the way, if anybody wants cheap pH test kits you can get phenol red (a 6.6-8.0 pH indicator dye) for like 70 cents for a small dropper bottle at home depots. It's extremely accurate and relatively easy to read. Drop 5 drops into a standard aquarium testing tube and if it's yellow you're looking at 6.6, if it's pure red it's 8.0, if it's orange-red you're in the 7 range.

Edit: They have other tests for ponds and what not too for alkalinity and chlorine, but generally your chlorine is zero if you condition the water, and the alkalinity you shouldn't be messing with anyways.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store