Will someone do something!!!!boycot wal-mart fish tanks!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Timmain42

Disturbed Quasi-Genius
Jan 4, 2002
D/FW, TEXAS
www.xmenclan.org
WallyWorld sucks. And not just because of the fish, or the lack of health insurance for their employees or the atrociously low pay rates, or their need to supress women in their management system...

Did you know that in Oklahoma, WalMart will let you try out and hold a shotgun in the store, let you put the barrel in your mouth, test to see if you can reach the trigger while you've still got the barrel in your face, let you buy ammo at the same counter, and then load the gun and blow your own brains out, RIGHT THERE while the employee who sold you the gun looks on? Didja? Huh?

Don't shop at WalMart. They really don't care about you. Or anything you do. They CERTAINLY don't care about fish.

maaltan

AC Members
Sep 11, 2004
hmm how to follow that last post. errrr.

well know how alot of stores try to pass off terestrial plants as submerged plants? well this walmart here had thier tilandsia's in the fish tanks. Tilandsia are those "air plants" they sell at the registers in lawn and garden. the little (usually) pinapple shaped things usually attachd to cartoony ceramics. they need water but must dry within 4 hrs or they will rot ..fast .. ihave them hanging all around my tank (like humidity) but IN THEM .. lord. might as well put a kitten in the tank.

i keep saying to myself im going to leave this thread alone, but they keep pulling me ..back ..in ...

Timmain42

Disturbed Quasi-Genius
Jan 4, 2002
D/FW, TEXAS
www.xmenclan.org
Sorry, didn't mean to be a bummer. Just wanted to state my reasons for not shopping at WallyWorld.

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
Frankly.....I don't care if the store cares about me or not....I just want reasonably priced "stuff" of price comparable quality.....if the employees are poorly treated...it's up to them to do something about it...not me...I don't work there.

I don't mean to say that a person can't practice thier right to free expression by not buying at a store they have issues with.....we live in America and can do that here and I'm all for it....but I do have issue with folks who bad mouth or harang others for not feeling the same way they do...(not you Timmain..lol..you weren't badmouthing anyone, just venting)....I give PETA as a perfect example...(teach my dog to eat vegan???? I don't THINK so !!)

So anyway...I'm not getting after anyone here and thier views really....it's a place for folks to express themselves and thier ideas and convictions..(again...it's America and we can do that)...so I'm just expressing one of my pet peeves too.....AND.....I don't expect everyone to feel the same way I do..... :D

Good day to all ! ;)

Last edited:

Civicman86

AC Members
Jan 31, 2005
Emg said:
Frankly.....I don't care if the store cares about me or not....I just want reasonably priced "stuff" of price comparable quality.....if the employees are poorly treated...it's up to them to do something about it...not me...I don't work there.

I don't mean to say that a person can't practice thier right to free expression by not buying at a store they have issues with.....we live in America and can do that here and I'm all for it....but I do have issue with folks who bad mouth or harang others for not feeling the same way they do...(not you Timmain..lol..you weren't badmouthing anyone, just venting)....I give PETA as a perfect example...(teach my dog to eat vegan???? I don't THINK so !!)

So anyway...I'm not getting after anyone here and thier views really....it's a place for folks to express themselves and thier ideas and convictions..(again...it's America and we can do that)...so I'm just expressing one of my pet peeves too.....AND.....I don't expect everyone to feel the same way I do..... :D

Good day to all ! ;)

Your on the right track but Wal-Mart has grown so big I doubt it everyone on this site wrtoe them a letter, that they would even care. There main venue is not fish its other items. Fish just happen to be there and honestly they dont care about them. They just want your money. They try to sell EVERYTHING that way all you have to do is go to walmart. You can get a car, dinner, a fish and a pillow all at the same store.

About Wal-Mart employees. Wal-mart does not need them. As far I know there is no union at wal-mart right now (i havent read up about it lately). I know a few people that worked there and were just let go for no reason. There are tons of people that will work their just becase they have bills. Unless everyone that works there goes on strike and takes a stand, one person will not win against a name like Wal-Mart. Its sad but we have created our own monster out of it.

Last edited:

Must4ng s4lly

AC Members
Jan 9, 2004
Houston
Visit site
About Wal-Mart employees. Wal-mart does not need them. As far I know there is no union at wal-mart right now (i havent read up about it lately). I know a few people that worked there and were just let go for no reason. There are tons of people that will work their just becase they have bills. Unless everyone that works there goes on strike and takes a stand, one person will not win against a name like Wal-Mart. Its sad but we have created our own monster out of it.[/QUOTE]

True, we have created a MONSTER!

Yeah, actually one person can make a diff. I posted my story earlier in this thread, but the short of it is that I got wind of a WM moving into our neighborhood and eventually rallied a bunch of people behind kicking it out. I emailed, called, emailed some more, helped people organize around the issue of NO MORE WM's in our hood. Got the media involved....

Anyway, The regional mananger called me at home and said what can we do so you will stop your campaign against us?? They hated the bad press and attn they were getting. "I said don't build here, move out, and we will shut up." The said they would discuss it in their staff meeting, sure enough, I got word a couple months later that they were not going to build.

All it took was one person willing to stand up to start the fire and say NO MORE!!!!

FishFreak101

AC Members
Jul 1, 2005
I think i can say somthing that we all no...... WAL*MART SUCKS AT SELLING FISH!!!!!!

razorxxx

AC Members
Jul 18, 2005
TAMPA FLA
:devil: AT WALMART I SAW A KID WITH A CHEAP 10 GALON TANK BUY 2 CONVICTS 3 PLECOS AND A BALA SHARK

Larissa

Katherine Hope
Jun 9, 2005
brenham, tx
as I've stated before, all of the Wal-Marts where I live stopped selling fish 15 years ago, however, until I got the internet, I got all of my fish advice from the local pet store where everything costs a fortune.They gave horrible advice and I took their word for it because I thought they should know what they're talking about. That's what most people do when it comes to their pets.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store