Would you feel safe putting a 40g breeder on an upper floor?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Druu

AC Members
Sep 11, 2007
Notre Dame, IN
It should be fine, but try to get the tank perpendicular to the floor beams. I'm not sure if this would be possible as the tank would only be 3 ft long.

luckydud13

Did you hear that?
Jun 20, 2008
Charlotte, NC
i hope it will be fine. I have a total of 79 gallons in my room upstairs :devil:

mroth_3

shrimp boat captain
Dec 24, 2008
Iowa
I also dont see a problem with it either. By middle of the room, do you mean freestanding in the middle of a room?; or by a wall that isn't structural?

belfastbabe

iheartfish
Feb 14, 2009
Belfast, N.ire
This is a kinda thread...
Where u can tell this guy
"yea do it!!"
and theres woodrot in the beams
CRASH (lets hope the guy isnt under it)
but really.... im gonna say, if your concerned
seek a professional lol
i dont have any money for you to sue me
i need it for my fish :(

Mexican Racoon

Se?or Member
Mar 13, 2005
Memphis, TN
You may want to pay extra attention to keeping the tank level. Could be a little trickier than it would be on the ground floor, depending on the construction of your house.

Wingate2581

AC Members
Feb 11, 2009
This is a kinda thread...
Where u can tell this guy
"yea do it!!"
and theres woodrot in the beams
CRASH (lets hope the guy isnt under it)
but really.... im gonna say, if your concerned
seek a professional lol
i dont have any money for you to sue me
i need it for my fish :(

It's 40 gallons. What about a couch with 2 adults on it? That would weigh more than the tank and if the floor cannot handle that then they should'nt be living there. The OP asked for opinions and that is what they got. You are assuming that something is already structurally unfit. I'm assuming the house is fit to live in. Do you make sure your couch is on a load bearing wall perpendicular to the floor beams and sitting completely flat without legs so all the beams support the weight? But your right, spending a couple hundred on a home inspection would be the safest bet. Does that last sentence keep me from being sued now?lol

belfastbabe

iheartfish
Feb 14, 2009
Belfast, N.ire
It's 40 gallons. What about a couch with 2 adults on it? That would weigh more than the tank and if the floor cannot handle that then they should'nt be living there. The OP asked for opinions and that is what they got. You are assuming that something is already structurally unfit. I'm assuming the house is fit to live in. Do you make sure your couch is on a load bearing wall perpendicular to the floor beams and sitting completely flat without legs so all the beams support the weight? But your right, spending a couple hundred on a home inspection would be the safest bet. Does that last sentence keep me from being sued now?lol
ok...i was just saying my opinion... if the guys concerned about his own building?? then why shouldnt we be?

and of course i was joking about the sue thing lol
but if a girl can sue mcdonalds for a simple coffee temp...
an angry AC member has written evidence of advice lol

nehow... do what u thinks best

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store