WOW What a christmas present!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Like you, everytime I come across a fish that piques my interest I want to get it. I must admit however that I resist, knowing full well that I would be crowding a tank or not have an appropriate sized tank. I have many tanks but do not use them all at present.

I decide what fish I want and then I get a tank to accommodate it. Sometimes it takes several months to accomplish but I feel it is better to wait and do it right than to rush in an jeopardize the health of all. I get 90% of my tanks from www.freecycle.org so money is not an issue.

Show some maturity and wisdom about your fish by exercising restraint. They will live longer and healthier if you do.

BigFishKeeper

Host of Aquatic Wetline Podcast
Feb 23, 2008
Springfield Mass USA
www.blogtalkradio.com
Real Name
Aqua Alex Cardinale
to what? the channel cat and the aro need at least 1000 gallons to themselves, not to mention the others
No sir aros and channels do not need a 1000 gallons to them selves. They need like 300.

Last edited by a moderator:

beeZer350

Likes Expensive Hobbies :(
Jan 19, 2008
Any full tank shots? I posted mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
No sir aros and channels do not need a 1000 gallons to them selves. They need like 300.
What kind of channel cats do you have ? Post pics if unsure. There are two species commonly referred to as channel cats and one hits just close to five feet in length. Are yours true channel cats ?

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
I find it hard to believe a 5 foot long fish would be happy in a tank 8'x3'x3'.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store