yellow tang is sick

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mysis

AC Members
Oct 4, 2005
the nitrates are still high. 5ppm is quite bad and i bet that is your problem. idealy you want nitrates no more than 2 ppm, the high nitrate may have removed the protective slime from the tang and a parasite may have attacked him. with the shrimps, you may want to check that you have never used any treatment that contains copper, this will kill the shrimp easy. Although bubble corals pack a powerful sting i dont think that is the problem with your tang, did his tail only hit the coral or his body aswell, also please put in your tempreture, S.G, Ammonia, Nitrite. also tell us if you have introduced any new fish.

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
What are you treating your tank with??? It might not be good for your corals.

" I also did one treatment with maracin-two, but nothing is happening, I have to repeat the treatment." -what is that?

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
my yellow tang is sick

:sick: i did another water change and it shows 0 nitrate as of now. i also started adding vitamin C. the tang ran into bubble with his whole stomack and face. corals are o.k. maracin-two is safe for them and my crabs also look fine. i also boosted my biologycal filter just in case. i have been doing huge research and everything to get my tang feel better and it looks as it's about all i can do for him. probably now he just needs time to respond. i don't know.

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
my yellow is still sick

the spots on his sides are almost gone, but i still can't get him to eat. i tried garlic and apetite stimulant, but it's not working. anybody knows any stuff that will make him eat even if he doen't want anything?

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
Do you have freeze dried nori in the tank on a clip? Try frozen formula two, my tang loves that.

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
I have been trying that too. Nori in the clip and small peaces soaked in garlic. i will try it frozen tommorow and will post the resolts.

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
i can't find frozen nori. i found frozen sea weed with other greens in it, but he is not eating it. how long can he stay alive without eating? what else can i do?

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
nori is "freeze dried", so its a sheet of it... not frozen :)

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
i have been giving him nori in a form of sheet all alone, but he doesn't eat it. i don't know what to do.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Go to your local lfs and see if you can get some calupera take it home and freeze in your freezer. feed it small amounts every day and see if that perks up it's appetite. You can grow it in your tank to but it grows too darn well IMO. You might also try formula II cubes they are vegi bassed and might encourage it. Do you know the where your tang comes from ?
Also just a little free advise with any fish purchase always ask the store to feed first if they don't eat don't buy. After you buy bring them home and put them straight into a hospital tank for at least 6-8 weeks . It will save you a huge amount of money heart ache etc.
Good luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store