yellow tang is sick

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mysis

AC Members
Oct 4, 2005
also try some live foods, eg mysis or brine, these may get him to start eating, same thing happened to my friends copper band butterfly, went on a hunger strike, he had to buy a peice of LR from the LFS with some apiasta on, when it ate them he introduced live brine and got eventually to eat frost foods again.

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
yes, he was trying to eat brine shrimp today, but just sucked it and spit it back out, that is more interest in food than he had since last 2 weeks. i'm hoping that he just taking baby steps. he got sick with dropsy or septicemia and had been treated for it, but responding very slowly. :sad:

FloridaBoy

AC Members
Jan 10, 2005
Well, I have to give you credit for trying, it's obvious you are concerned. Find an LFS with some live macro algaes, you can also order these online and drop them in the tank, also consider a green algae grow-out jar or small 5 gal tank placed in the window with an airstone, you can rotate rocks in and out as needed. Be advised, even the best foods are sometimes rejected by a fish that has internal problems or environmental stress. Setting up a quarantine system for cases like this is your best bet.

Pineapple

Love4Monsters
Dec 11, 2005
Gracilaria parvispora is a good alga to try. My tang had dropsy but did the opposite. It would eat and eat but had a lumpy appearance to the stomach. I hope your tang starts to feel well.

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
:dance: thank you guys very much for your help :bowing: the tang started eating again. he started from live brine shrimp and today he is eating very small pieces of dry nori. :) he is getting his color back too, looking very good. the pink spots on the sides of his tale are gone, finelly he responded to maracyn-two, after i took all the sponges out of my filter, even though they weren't supposed been to weaken the medication, obviously they did. :duh:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store