you people are carzy

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jadie.Glitch

AC Members
Sep 23, 2009
I agree that it's difficult to determine emotion when just reading plain text, so let me begin with this: My immediate reaction to the OP's original thread was that he was over-exaggerating and intentionally trying to be silly, so I was surprised when everyone took it so seriously and began picking on him. My previous comments as well as the following comments are all in good spirits and are meant only to point out how I feel about the situation and not to cut anyone down (which is why I refrain from naming specific individuals).

I do feel that I have to say your comments to me are exactly what I was talking about. I was nothing if not polite about what I said and for some reason I've been ganged up on. I came back here to this community because I had a legitimate question about a new tank I want to set up, which I asked elsewhere on the forum, and then when I was surfing around for information I came across this thread and felt really badly for the OP because the community was rallying to cut him down.

Yeah, I see you've now switched gears after I brought up that the OP doesn't deserve to be poked at so harshly, and that's much appreciated, but there's no reason to target me now when all I said was "why can't we get along?". My intent was to defend the OP, whereas I was not defended the last time I was here. I was doing my best to not allow that person to be chased away too.

I think it's in all of our best interests to be adults about the situation let bygones be bygones. I'm glad that the OP finds all the stabs to be in good humor and that you've all relented and turned it into a humorous situation, so thank you :). I appreciate that.

Poking fun at someone because they can't spell or maybe didn't spend enough proofreading is wrong, and there are other places on the internet for that kind of behaviour. This is a place for fun and learning, not a place to feel badly about yourself, and when someone is ganged up on and bullied, it's up to someone else to say something about it. I'm glad I said something and I'm also glad that the majority of you took that in kind and made things right :). Thank you; it's much appreciated. :dive2:

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
but I left this forum and haven't looked back in almost a year because of a how rude the moderators allow some of you to be. They'll pick apart one person's thread and even go as far as to edit or even delete it on a whim, but then they allow the rest of you to cut someone down any time they please.
There's a way to get your point across without making the other person feel like trash in the process, and a lot of you have failed in this respect. I'm in no way trying to start a flame war, I just want you all the really think before you click the submit button because it doesn't just make you look ignorant, but it turns other people off from the forum and even the hobby as a whole. We should be trying to encourage people to make better choices, not snarl at them and chase them away.

I do feel that I have to say your comments to me are exactly what I was talking about. I was nothing if not polite about what I said and for some reason I've been ganged up on. I came back here to this community because I had a legitimate question about a new tank I want to set up, which I asked elsewhere on the forum, and then when I was surfing around for information I came across this thread and felt really badly for the OP because the community was rallying to cut him down.
This isn't polite, this is a lecture as to why you believe yourself to be immensely better than the rest of us rude, boorish folk. Nobody here is intentionally mean, but what you need to understand, is that people who don't know how to use the search function, as well as those who get defensive or upset when they hear things counter to what they'd like to believe are a daily reality for most of the people who spend any amount of time ACTUALLY BECOMING PART of the community. You say you left because you didn't like how we treated members here, and came back only because you needed help again. Honestly, how does that make you in any way qualified to speak as to how we act as a group, or overall? I don't consider myself to be mean, but as far as this thread goes, it seems you threw the first jab, and were ill prepared for the consequences of your words. God forbid we find ourselves offended by the notion that you find us an awful bunch, but still are willing to leach off the collective knowledge provided here.

As for this little gem:

I'm glad I said something and I'm also glad that the majority of you took that in kind and made things right
How, oh how, did we ever get by in your absence?

dragonlover261

AC Members
Jul 20, 2010
Jamestown, NY
Real Name
Amber
Did you ever stop to think that everyone in this thread knows eachother? did you stop to actually ready ALL the posts or did you just skim them.. i just spent about 40 min reading them all and to be honest your the only one taking anything to serious. i am new to the forum per say as i dont post to often i just ready mostly for info but you took this enjoyable thread and twisted everyones words. no one was being rude or mean. everyone was laughing even the thread starter. and how can you post that you left and never looked back when .... your here so you obviously looked back ha ha ha ha. :rofl:

I agree that it's difficult to determine emotion when just reading plain text, so let me begin with this: My immediate reaction to the OP's original thread was that he was over-exaggerating and intentionally trying to be silly, so I was surprised when everyone took it so seriously and began picking on him. My previous comments as well as the following comments are all in good spirits and are meant only to point out how I feel about the situation and not to cut anyone down (which is why I refrain from naming specific individuals).

Yeah, I see you've now switched gears after I brought up that the OP doesn't deserve to be poked at so harshly, and that's much appreciated, but there's no reason to target me now when all I said was "why can't we get along?". My intent was to defend the OP, whereas I was not defended the last time I was here. I was doing my best to not allow that person to be chased away too.

I think it's in all of our best interests to be adults about the situation let bygones be bygones. I'm glad that the OP finds all the stabs to be in good humor and that you've all relented and turned it into a humorous situation, so thank you :). I appreciate that.

Poking fun at someone because they can't spell or maybe didn't spend enough proofreading is wrong, and there are other places on the internet for that kind of behaviour. This is a place for fun and learning, not a place to feel badly about yourself, and when someone is ganged up on and bullied, it's up to someone else to say something about it. I'm glad I said something and I'm also glad that the majority of you took that in kind and made things right :). Thank you; it's much appreciated. :dive2:

Jadie.Glitch

AC Members
Sep 23, 2009
I came here and was treated rudely, I left. I came back, hoping that it was an isolated incident and that I can get some advice, but then immediately saw the same thing happening to someone else so I stood up for them. I stand by the fact that I was not being rude, but actually trying to help someone I thought was in need. If that's a virtue that you prefer to slap in the face, then so be it. :(

A bully is a bully, plain and simple, and there's no place in any world or community for that kind of a person.

I apologize for starting a fire... Once again, I was only trying to help.

I'm not angry at any of you and I don't think any less of you. I see that I probably misunderstood the situation, but it would have been really helpful if that could have been said to me in a kind manner instead of saying it with insults and jabs. I wasn't targeting any individual and I wasn't trying to hurt feelings, but you've done a really good job at hurting mine :(.

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
The simple fact is, you came into a community that (by your own choice) you are not a part of, and deigned to point out why you thought this place was awful, and why you were above that sort of behavior. You assumed that you were helping, and that someone even needed your help. Both, as can probably be seen pretty clearly now, were patently untrue. Unbeknownst to you, this is actually a very warm and tight community for the most part, and even I, who you'd probably consider a meanie and a bully (so be it) have managed to make a good deal of friends and have met many people in real life. Not sure how prevalent that is for other communities on the web. We do just fine here, and like I said in previous posts, if you don't like it, you're more than free to find a forum that's more prone to coddling and being genteel. I LIKE how this place is run, and considering the heaviness of traffic on this site compared to other similar ones, it's safe to say that a great number of people like it here better than elsewhere as well. What is most offensive to me personally, is that you have no idea what it's like to actually get to know people here, are admittedly not a part of the community in any way, but still feel like you know better than those of us who spend time here, how it should be run, or how we should act. As far as I'm concerned, you're still a carpetbagger around these parts. Don't pretend to know better than the locals how things should be done.

colleen0309

AC Members
Jul 21, 2010
Freedom, NY
I'm fairly new here myself, so I don't normally chirp in, but here goes. The OP was admittedly drunk(No offence Keeshaw. Been there a time or two myself). I've read every post and I don't see where anyone was belittling him. Sure, everyone had alittle fun but nothing was said to be mean, and I think he knew it or does now. Haven't you been around your friends and had a few too many and started laughing at the things someone says? I think this forum is great. I've been keeping fish for over 30 years and thought I knew alot. Taking the advice from some of the people here has renewed my passion for this hobby. And reading some of the posts like this one gives me a laugh and brightens my day. Sorry you feel the way you do. Hope you have a wonderful day

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store