Your favorite "wet pet" species?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MidnightSkies

AC Members
Feb 2, 2009
I'm curious as to what everyone's favorite "wet pets" are? You know, those intelligent interactive fish that draw us in and seem to have their own individual personalities.

I have countless empty tanks and one already cycled and waiting and I'm looking for a new little finned buddy.

My favorite has been one of my "king" bettas. Smartest and definitely most aggressive fish I ever had. As soon as my hand went in that tank to clean it he would be going all out attacking me. Being that he was around 3.5-4 inches and strong, it hurt! I'm a fan of puffer also, and am leaning toward getting one of those for my tank, though not sure on species yet.

What does everyone else like?

cpetrosky

AC Members
Jan 22, 2011
Mooresville NC
Real Name
Chris Petrosky
I would have to say my peacock eel is the most personable fish I currently have. He's alone in a 29 gallon while I'm waiting to get some south American puffers to go in with him. I've had him a week and he eats out of my hand an comes up to the front of the glass to say hi when I walk in to my room

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica

TheAdmira1

AC Members
Dec 18, 2011
my rams, angels, and gourami all recognize me I think. They seem like they can differentiate between me and the other 6 people that are usually coming over pretty well, especially when food is involved of course haha

hadesnuggz

AC Members
Jun 18, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I love african cichlids. They seem to be very smart, especially the ones with the big heads.

And I had a pair of clown knives once that had dark but fun personalities. They were pretty awesome!

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
I have not had one for a long time, but definately Oscars!! Underwater puppy dog!!!
same here... i raise africans now ( a few none africans but still ) i want to get some oscars again but dont have the tank space sadly :( maybe when i get another 75 i will try them again :)

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
I love african cichlids. They seem to be very smart, especially the ones with the big heads.

And I had a pair of clown knives once that had dark but fun personalities. They were pretty awesome!
i have africans ( quite a few, gotta update my sig ) and yes they do have quite a few personiltys!!

hadesnuggz

AC Members
Jun 18, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
^^Heck yes they do! Some of them can be huge bullies as well! But very fun. Its funny when they dig themselves homes and carry rocks. The one in my avy was a giant bully. haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store