7 UK Gallon Reef Log

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ideas1400

AC Members
Sep 12, 2007
Just want to ask you. The strange coral rock that you have in your tank is it live rock or dead rock. And if it is dead rock can it become live again.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Added a couple of snails to attack the bit of diatom i have in the tank, and here is my nice freeby from the LFS..he does look after me..lol.

And the brown dots appearing in the coral skeleton...Hmmm...they have been classed as aliens on my martian rock by "some members"...really need to ban them....lol...

Niko

TomToro

The Old Guy
Oct 21, 2006
Michigan
s122.photobucket.com
Hey Niko,
Just saw the amazing deal you got on ebay:eek3: 1 U.K.? I usually end up overpaying on ebay because it becomes the 'principal of the thing' that I win!!! No matter what the cost. (dumb)

That is very cool. I'm sure it's going to be very interesting. I may secretly steal some ideas for mine if you don't mind. I'll give you credit in passing by saying 'it's what they do across the pond'. :)

I'm partial to nanos as I think they're very challenging. Good job, Bud! Looking forward to checking your blog and this thread to see the progress.
Take care,
Tom

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Thank you for the nice comments Tom, good to hear from you...

Not sure what shall be next for the system...soft corals or pistol/goby pair...hmmm...decisions decisions....lol

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
Thank you for the nice comments Tom, good to hear from you...

Not sure what shall be next for the system...soft corals or pistol/goby pair...hmmm...decisions decisions....lol
I love the idea of a pistol/goby pair. Just make sure you get an active goby. My Hi-Fin has turned out to be an unwanted bioload space. I never see him move. Just a face glaring at me from his cave.

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
hmmmm..... I think its most likely the skeleton of some type of acropora growing a former colony of tubeworms....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store