starlight plecos

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dscichlids

AC Members
Jan 30, 2009
Utah
so you sell yours at 2-2.5inchs for 30.00 to 35.00 ?

because i thought that is what you sell yours at 1 to 1.5 inch.

I don't think you can get 183s for $10 - $15 a piece. $50 is a little over priced, but people are still buying them! I used to sell mine for $30 - $35 each.

meili.harrison

Love my plecos!
I think Jackster is right about most of what is said above. L183s are very rare and awesome fishies. I also like F1s better, they are much easier to keep than the wild caught ones. However, I don't really understand the anger, since none of the comments above mentioned anything about greedy sellers. I think pricing just has to do with supply and demand. I have a good friend who breeds his wild caughts regularly and have been fortunate enough to get some for myself at a good price. I love these guys... they look so cool! :)

meili.harrison

Love my plecos!
so you sell yours at 2-2.5inchs for 30.00 to 35.00 ?

because i thought that is what you sell yours at 1 to 1.5 inch.
Sorry, I don't really understand the comment. I said I used to sell them at $30 - $35, I don't sell them anymore. I did not refer to size.

Once again, I do agree that the price although high, is mainly because of supply and demand. These are awesome fish and pricing is just based on what people are willing to pay. And I also agree with Jackster that these fish are not easy to breed at all, hence the higher price.

dscichlids

AC Members
Jan 30, 2009
Utah
all im saying is that when you where selling them you would sell them at 1 to 1.5 inch for 30.00 to 35.00 right?

im not getting mad i just dont get how you could say that my price is to high because mine are 2.5+ inch for 50.00 that is less then 25.00 per inch.

Sorry, I don't really understand the comment. I said I used to sell them at $30 - $35, I don't sell them anymore. I did not refer to size.

Once again, I do agree that the price although high, is mainly because of supply and demand. These are awesome fish and pricing is just based on what people are willing to pay. And I also agree with Jackster that these fish are not easy to breed at all, hence the higher price.

meili.harrison

Love my plecos!
I "used" to sell... just like you used to be able to get zebs for $25. I'm just saying that eventhough it seems overpriced, people still buy these fish. I'm sorry if I offended you by saying that. I certainly didn't think I would make you lose business by a comment like that. I personally really like them, and I have spent good money on rarer fish too. I was merely correcting the person who said you can get these fish for $10 - $15 ea.

dscichlids

AC Members
Jan 30, 2009
Utah
then why would you say that im selling them for to much money (to high)?

i just saw a sexed pair of the L183 at 3" sell for 400.00 but yet mine are to high in price? i just dont get it.

me and my friend had to buy 50 of these to keep them at the low price we are selling them for.

i could see saying that im to high in my price if there was other people selling them but where are you going to find them and at that size?

because we get the L183's from the same guy we both know how much we are paying and i know that we both dont make that much money on them.

I "used" to sell... just like you used to be able to get zebs for $25. I'm just saying that eventhough it seems overpriced, people still buy these fish. I'm sorry if I offended you by saying that. I certainly didn't think I would make you lose business by a comment like that. I personally really like them, and I have spent good money on rarer fish too. I was merely correcting the person who said you can get these fish for $10 - $15 ea.

meili.harrison

Love my plecos!

dscichlids

AC Members
Jan 30, 2009
Utah
but this is your quote right?

I don't think you can get 183s for $10 - $15 a piece. $50 is a little over priced, but people are still buying them! I used to sell mine for $30 - $35 each.

and now because of this post and this one http://www.plecofanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81330
people have e-mailed me asking if i can match these prices.

Meili.Harrison im not trying to argue but sometimes not saying anything is better. you are loved on this site and thats why i dont sell fish on here anymore because i dont what to undercut you on prices. and i dont say that your over priced. so made ill start selling on here again.

froglover007

Obsessed 13-year-old
Apr 15, 2009
Alberta
I have seen beautiful specimens of the starlight bushynose being readily sold at $70.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store