Mafia #77 Game thread- Back to the basics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Salt4Sam

fulltime workaholic
Aug 4, 2010
Philadelphia
No i'm making my decision on what I'm seeing from you. You have no posts of quality, just picking at people and useless chatter, you aren't helping the town in anyway. You're either for the town or against it but your refusal to share your suspects is making me feel you are against the town.
Exactly, you make your own decisions based on what you want to see in someone elses posts. You think im not helping the town, you tell me what you would like me to do then. Because if your the big town helper, maybe you should school a "noob" on what to do.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
my decision is the only one I can make.....
How are you helping the town then?

Salt4Sam

fulltime workaholic
Aug 4, 2010
Philadelphia
Exactly, you make your own decisions based on what you want to see in someone elses posts. You think im not helping the town, you tell me what you would like me to do then. Because if your the big town helper, maybe you should school a "noob" on what to do.
Im going to qutoe myself on this. IF YOU DONT THINK IM HELPING THE TOWN, TELL ME HOW YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO DO SO. First game, remember? :duh:

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
This question goes to Lab Rat.

Yeah, so we need to figure out who he picked out or might have picked out for the game.
I don't think it's a great thing to talk about who would be picked for what for obvious reasons.
Call me a noob, but what are the obvious reasons. Same question for DD.
Noob.

I'm not going to spell it out for you, just in case the roles were not random.
Labby, why did you refuse to answer this question "just in case the roles were not random." WTF? Why couldn't you explain why it's a bad idea when asked to do so without naming names?

jm1212

Pterophyllum scalare
Jul 22, 2006
Chicago
Real Name
Jon
JM would you clarify your statements for me?

Piranha asked Pappy if the roles were random or hand picked. Then Labby responded that Pappy likes to choose the role assignments.... to which you quoted her and replied with this.

As that discussion went all over the place, you also stated this.

What now confuses me about your position is this post.

After saying you also wondered if he hand picked roles but acknowledged they may be random.... you turned around and said you seriously doubt he picked the roles?

See what I mean there? I don't follow how you got from one side of that question to the other. How did you go from "I also wonder if he picked the roles" to "I seriously doubt he picked the roles?"
I'm not sure what you don't get? It was a statement because that was what we were talking about at that point, based on other hand-picked games pappy has run. As time went on though, it mad less sense to me that he would hand-pick the roles since most games are randomly assigned, and sloths ones I have played recently were.

jm1212

Pterophyllum scalare
Jul 22, 2006
Chicago
Real Name
Jon
I've already answered questions. If you have one for me feel free to ask, otherwise, i see this as finger pointing, and you trying to throw everyone else off of your case.
I don't think anyone was on my case at that point, though that can change quickly and has before.

If anyone is being finger-pointy, it's you. You're seeing that people are looking into you, and now you are the one trying to move the focus.

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
This question goes to Lab Rat.

Labby, why did you refuse to answer this question "just in case the roles were not random." WTF? Why couldn't you explain why it's a bad idea when asked to do so without naming names?
Because I thought it might give away townie PRs. Then the more I thought about it, I thought that there was a good chance that jpap did what he did in the Christmas game. If my little theory is correct then I have pointed out the Don. I may be wrong, but being day 1 and all, until I see something scummy, I don't mind my vote being there. I wanted to put the thought of jpap using some creative reasoning for picking scum out there. I'm sure you remember why he selected who he selected for the roles in the Christmas game.

jm1212

Pterophyllum scalare
Jul 22, 2006
Chicago
Real Name
Jon
Im going to qutoe myself on this. IF YOU DONT THINK IM HELPING THE TOWN, TELL ME HOW YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO DO SO. First game, remember? :duh:
I thought you dia bung of readin past games and other sub activities to prepare yourself? You can't claim you have some background when it is convenient for that image and then pull the 'first game noon alert!' card when you need to either.

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Blow that out of the water.

Maybe the DR should protect Salt and the DET investigate him.

Now that I reread the 1st post and this one I think he needs to be known in either case and have someone help direct his thoughts and straight shot.
So you want him to be both the protection AND the investigation? Wow, Ice this is sounding really bad to me. Yes, I can kinda see what you are saying...but seriously with your play, I can't help but feel "set" up for the town. We would have both our invest and Protection tied up, giving the mafia free rain on whoever they may choose. The only way it could be "proven" what the outcome of the invest was, is if the detective came out and said so...otherwise even the Dr wont know and may continue to protect him.
If he is the snitch he doesn't really need to be protected because he won't be hit though they might throw him under the bus for a lynch to get rid of him.
I'm reading Vig in his posts though and why he needs to be investigated and protected to know for sure. If not protected then he will be the mafia hit and we lose a hit.
How would the mafia "throw the snitch under the bus", in the rules it says they can't say they are the snitch. So how would they know he was? Could that be why you are doing this..do you think he is the snitch and you want it found out so he is lynched and out of your way?

what happened to not discussing PR's? did the whole town bump it's head?

the puffs are fine, user. the tank cooled down overnight and i got a new heater. thanks for asking.
Yeah, I'm thinking they did JB!! I can't believe on day one Ice of all ppl would bring up a possible PR, unless there is something behind it.

I want him investigated also. So why would I do that? Still not sure how protecting the snitch if I'm mafia helps me cleanse him from the team.

I didn't name the PR. He role played it IMO and I say better safe then sorry. If he is Vig then great him and the DET can communicate and talk about who he should hit, if not then the DET knows he is snitch and can watch him closer.

I know if I was mafia and he wasn't on my team I'd hit him for what he has said.
How can you say you didn't name PR? YOU BROUGHT IT UP, YOU SAID IT...he may or may not of been "role playing" the role...but it is YOU that brought it up and now you also want the invest AND protection on him. Even if this does happen, how is it going to help the town, I mean really the only way it possibly could help us is if the Detective came out and said their findings which this early in the game would be just crazy.

Ice, you said yourself how you and other team mates have gone after each other from the beginning to try and gain trust...how am I not suppose to feel like this is some kind of set up? It feels more to me like you two may be team mates and you had him post that...so you could come up with this pulling both the invest and protection from anyone else and having free rain on who you want to hit, knowing unless the detective actually came out and says what they found out the Dr most likely would continue to protect Salt.

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
I'm not sure what you don't get? It was a statement because that was what we were talking about at that point, based on other hand-picked games pappy has run. As time went on though, it mad less sense to me that he would hand-pick the roles since most games are randomly assigned, and sloths ones I have played recently were.

What do you mean by "sloth ones"?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store