Ferret Bites Baby's Fingers

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I just can't believe that a parent was in the room, per their story, and couldn't wake up when a four month old baby had to have screamed like crazy.

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
That is absolutely horrible. I can't believe there was a parent in the same room, and it still managed to chew off that many fingers.That is just heart breaking.

Did anyone watch the video? The director of the Kansas City Ferret Hotline, saying she was devastated for the ferret? Why? Because one of the child's parents finally woke up and threw it across the room killing it? He was defending his child. Too bad the ferret had to die, but I am having a hard time feeling sorry for the ferret right now.

She also said "The ferret became an animal because it was forced into that situation" OMG!!!! It is a weasel. Which is a animal. I am sure there are many people keep ferrets and do not have any problems. But it is always a animal. The parents are as much to blame as the ferret. Let's keep this in perspective. A baby lost almost all of his fingers to a ferret, and irresponsible parents. I feel so sorry for that baby.

Madcrawdad

The ONLY AC Mafia
Dec 29, 2006
Chicagoland
The ferret was just doing what ferrets do....too bad for the kid that his parents are idiots.

Not much you can do about situations like this... Unfortunately, everyone seems to think they have the right to own whatever animal they choose.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
The ferret was just doing what ferrets do....too bad for the kid that his parents are idiots.

Not much you can do about situations like this... Unfortunately, everyone seems to think they have the right to own whatever animal they choose.
Understand what you are saying, but to me, that statement comes across as acceptance for the action.

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
OMG!!!! How extremely sad, that poor baby!! To think of the pain that baby had to of been in, he/she had to be screaming from the first bite! I can't believe the parent didn't respond sooner, I doubt the ferret could of chewed off that many fingers in a few seconds, it had to of taken a little time for that I would think!

I don't blame the ferret for what happened, it was being a animal...I blame the parents, but I can't say I feel sorry for it and I wouldn't of killed it myself! It's so sad a baby and the ferret had to have this happen, a situation that could of easily been prevented!

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
ferrets are carnivores by nature and in the wild prey on animals several times larger than themselves. This being said, there is no way that a ferret could take that many fingers while a parent is standing in the same room. It's sad that now the poor child will have to live with only 2 thumbs and whatever is left of his pinkie finger...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store