Ferret Bites Baby's Fingers

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
I'm sure CPS has their hands in the mix by now. Doesn't take much.

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
just curious...would you accept that behavior from a dog?
Absolutely not but I wouldn't leave a ferret and a baby alone in the first place let alone a dog.

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
Absolutely not but I wouldn't leave a ferret and a baby alone in the first place let alone a dog.
have to agree have head to many horror stories of dogs with babies, should we ban those too:huh:

Lady Ns

Critter Crazy
Sep 27, 2007
Australia
Real Name
Phae
Gotta say it, I hate kids. Can't stand most of them, so don't deal with them often & probably won't have them myself, but I wake up to the noise of baby mice & rats, so a screaming kid would get me up & moving pronto.

As for the ferret, I would never recommend having one with a child so young, let alone an only ferret. Two ferrets are quite happy to play between themselves & ignore a lotta other stuff, but lone ferrets get bored & so they get into mischeif a lot more. Another thing, babys that age still have soft bones, but even ferrets with that nasty pair of teeth would still take a few minutes to chew off even two fingers, let alone that many.
Ferrets also won't give a clean bite, not unless it's a warning. They often sink the teeth in & give it a good pull & then chew it, so that kid would've been shrieking loud enough for blood to come out ya ears.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
As tired and heavy sleeper that I am, I would hear the kids at night, even if they were quietly playing in their crib as some do. Even today when the grandchildren come over, both the parents and us wake fast at the sound of a whimper. It just amazes me how the parents can claim to have been in the same room during this ordeal. I take heavy-duty medications that cause me to fall asleep, yet even so, I hear night sounds and wake to them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store