Petco 1$ per gallon sale?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jumko

AC Members
Jun 18, 2004
Jersey
Visit site
Real Name
Patrick
Well, the sale started on the 26th of June last year, a Sunday, which makes perfect sense. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say the sale would start on the 24th or the 1st. But there's really no point in playing guessing games since no one really knows anyways. haha.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
That would make more sense. The people at both petcos I called had no idea the exact date yet, they just knew next week or the week after some time. If I called back at the beginning of the week it happened, they could tell me.

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Their new ads usually starts on Sundays, which show their sales. I would just check their ad this Sunday or Monday as the old one should end this Saturday. If you live on the east coast, you will probably find out the sale date before central and western standard time.

I just hope they have a lot of 40B as I need one and wouldn't want to stand in line to buy it.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
They dont have a 30 as far as I know. They exist but arent that common. A 29g would be $29 plus tax and any equipment and decor you need for it.

This sale is great for people who have stuff lying around to set up another tank, but it really gets people that are itching with MTS (multiple tank syndrome) into the store buying gravel, fish, filter, heaters, decor, plants, lighting, stands, and all that stuff.

When you add it all up a 29g with equipment not counting a hood, lighting, gravel, fish, or decor (so just tank, heater, filter) would cost around $30 for the tank, $25-$50 for a filter (brand depending) and around $30 for the filter. So it is really about $85-$110 before you buy a hood , lighting, fish, decor, and gravel. All in a sudden a starter kit doesnt look too bad since it has the hood and light, but probably has a cheap filter and heater (if it even has a filter).

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Hm, I wonder if it's the same date for all Petco stores or depends on location. I haven't gone to Petco in months so I have no idea if they have signs up. Good thing it is on pay day :).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store