The Kribensis ( Pelvicachromis pulcher )

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

The Dave

AC Members
Jul 26, 2016
western Massachusetts
www.youtube.com
Real Name
David Creque
The Kribensis (Pelvicachromis pulcher) is probably the easiest cichlid to maintain and breed.
In fact, due to their small size ( 3-4 inches / 7.6 - 10 cm ), hardy, adaptable nature, and ease of breeding, this fish is probably the ideal cichlid for anyone that is taking their first steps into keeping cichlids.

The following incredible high-definition video gives you an in-depth look at everything you need to know about maintaining this species.
Best of all, you are guaranteed to see things you have never seen before !!!

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I agree, a very easy Cichlid to keep, but is a bottom dweller. I had some before, great fish, but did not get along with my Cory Cats. :(

Reactions: The Dave

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Awesome fish to keep!

Reactions: The Dave

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Cool little buggers. I've seen them at my LFSs, but have never kept them.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I loved ours, so pretty! My only gripe is they bred too well & too often. Even with predation & attrition we eventually ran out of places to rehome them, like many of our easy to breed cichlids. I think the females are more beautiful than the males, unlike many fish, & feistier too.

Reactions: FreshyFresh

The Dave

AC Members
Jul 26, 2016
western Massachusetts
www.youtube.com
Real Name
David Creque
I loved ours, so pretty! My only gripe is they bred too well & too often. Even with predation & attrition we eventually ran out of places to rehome them, like many of our easy to breed cichlids. I think the females are more beautiful than the males, unlike many fish, & feistier too.
I agree breeding them is pretty easy, if it's not attempted in too small of a tank. But, I think it's something every fish-keeper should do at least once though. :-D

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
You really should give them a try, watching them raise a family is an amazing sight. Have you watched the video ?
If I could only rehome a kid or 4 to free up some resources.. LOL

I did watch most of the video.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store