Stocking 3g nano tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Teddy's Mom

AC Members
Dec 24, 2016
Marin county CA
Real Name
Diane
Wow, well I guess galaxy rasboras /celestial danios are definitely on top in the polls. :) True I don't think I've seen them (or the least killies?--can't remember) when perusing the local Petcos/Petsmarts. However, I am very fortunate to live fairly close to some excellent dedicated LFSs so I bet they wouldn't be so hard to find. Same with some of the suggested plants. I've been thinking about a field trip soon so I'll check.

Freshy, you have a good point about the smallness of this tank possibly being more of a pain than it's worth...Maybe I should make it a hospital tank. I just like it because it's so attractive to have the mechanics hidden.

At any rate, thank you all for the recommendations! I will think on it.

monkfish

Registered Member
Feb 5, 2019
Wow, well I guess galaxy rasboras /celestial danios are definitely on top in the polls. :) True I don't think I've seen them (or the least killies?--can't remember) when perusing the local Petcos/Petsmarts. However, I am very fortunate to live fairly close to some excellent dedicated LFSs so I bet they wouldn't be so hard to find. Same with some of the suggested plants. I've been thinking about a field trip soon so I'll check.

Freshy, you have a good point about the smallness of this tank possibly being more of a pain than it's worth...Maybe I should make it a hospital tank. I just like it because it's so attractive to have the mechanics hidden.

At any rate, thank you all for the recommendations! I will think on it.
I’ve run a 3.7 g for years quite happily. Three black skirt tetras and a fair amount of plants. 40% water change every weekend, but it’s a small bucket. 10 minute job.

Reactions: Teddy's Mom

Teddy's Mom

AC Members
Dec 24, 2016
Marin county CA
Real Name
Diane
Yes it's hardly any water at all to change out. I'm sure the plants help with water quality. The black skirt tetras seem happy in such a small space? I just got some teensy weensy Glowlight tetras (babies, really)--it would be so cool if they would stay tiny. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store